Tesco 'Hydration Bladder'

riderjam
riderjam Posts: 41
edited July 2009 in MTB general
Don't buy them- the water tastes very plasticy and nothing you can do can remove the taste, it and the bite valve tastes c**p.

Comments

• OH NO Dan
    OH NO Dan Posts: 186
    I saw these the other day, they looked so cheap and naff
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    The reservoir and bite nozzle can be replaced and at <£5 it's extremely well made and a bargain. I've not had a problem, once it's been thoroughly flushed through it's no worse than any other I've tasted that's for sure.
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    its actually a very good pack, well made, comfortable, and just the right size. the water does taste plasticy at first, but it soon flushes out, and tastes fine!
    I like bikes and stuff
  • riderjam
    riderjam Posts: 41
    You may well be true, it does seem a well made unit, however the bite valve I got didn't have any openings so you couldn't actually drink from it!
  • blister pus
    I'll be honest i went to millets and replaced the bite valve, it is poor.
  • Graydawg
    Graydawg Posts: 673
    OH NO Dan wrote:
    I saw these the other day, they looked so cheap and naff

I beg to differ - they are well constructed and good quality - granted the bite valve aint the best, and i had to make the hole a little bigger - but what do you expect for £5 !!!

Does the job more than fine for me thank you Tescos! And i got clubcard points! :D
    It's been a while...
  • dazoo666
    dazoo666 Posts: 37
    Quite mixed opinions over these bladders. Personally i've had no problems with the bite valve or with funny tastes.
    I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it
  • blister pus
    The bladder's are fine when you've flushed them out properly, the bite valve on them is a take it or leave it thing.

If you get a bite valve with no slit though you just look for the mould line where it should be and carefully follow it with a sharp thin blade.
  • LoUiS1985
    LoUiS1985 Posts: 841
    flush the bladders out with mouthwash then freeze it, its spot on
  • rhann
    rhann Posts: 383
    replaced my bladder when i got it with a platypus.
  • jamLCFC
    jamLCFC Posts: 197
    Platypus seem to be on offer at Go Outdoors

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/product-lis ... ion%20Pack
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Compulsive tinkerer....my ideas far far outway my ability and that makes things costly !!