Mavic Ksyrium Equipe out of true - how to repair?

gabriel959
gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
edited June 2009 in Workshop
Hey guys,

My front Mavic Ksyrium Equipe is slightly out of true. If spinning you can see if wobble a couple of mm each way, it is probably due to the massive pothole I hit the other day. Does anyone know if it is repairable? I have checked the spokes and they all seem tight and with good tension and don’t know how this could be fixed even in a truing stand?!?!

Thanks
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    As long as you haven't got a dent or crack in the rim, then it should be possible to retrue. Suggest you take it to your LBS to get them to retrue it - it only takes a few tweaks with a spoke key to sort it, but suggest you don't try it yourself without knowing what you're doing.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Easy to true if you know what you are doing - never touched the pair I have, but have once needed to slightly true some Aksiums. You need to hold the bladed spokes with tool, or adjustable spanner before turning...but if you aren't sure how to do it - shop visit.......

I've trued loads of wheels though, TBH you must have whacked it hard to go out of true - tough cookies them wheels.......