the joy,the flow,the reason

joshtp
joshtp Posts: 3,966
edited June 2009 in MTB general
yesterday i was in a huff, on both sat and sun my mates had let me down for a ride, the lions lost, and i was feeling fed up. So, after much deliberation, i decided to use a quick hour and a half to go out on my bike. I headed out with the intesion of going no further than the promanade, however, griped by a sence of adventure, i decided to explore a local woods that is suposed to have riding in it. Without going into all the details, what i found was as follows:
buff singletrack
a number of sweet downhill cources
the biggest dirt jump field i have ever seen
more north shore than canada
everythig from cazy freeride to easy XC
and much much more
my point is that you never know what you wil find, and how much fun you wil have. The ride realy cheered my up, made me feel alive, i felt awsome, i was flowing, and it reminded me why i plow so much time and money into riding my bike off-road.
coment and relay your similar experiances:
I like bikes and stuff

Comments

• cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Where the hell is your local woods??? I want some of that action. :P
  • RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    How long have you lived there without finding that?
  • joshtp
    secret im afraid, i dont want anyone ruining the delicate trails :twisted: no seriously, its in clyne valley in Swansea.seriously though, the trails are purpose built, but not by pro's, thay are great fun, but are fairly muddy even though we havent had much rain, so i dont like to think what loads of tires would do to them.im not worried anyway, becouse if it takes you as long to fing them as it did me, you wil not be riding them for at least a year or two!
    I like bikes and stuff
  • joshtp
    RealMan wrote:
    How long have you lived there without finding that?
    about 2 years, iv been looking for them before, but inly found some fringe mud trails, nothing too exiting, so i wrote them off, but a few youtube vids, and findig that it is the regular ride of MTB pigs, the swansea mtb club, made me feel a bit more exploring was neccasary. thankfully i found it this time: this is a sneak of some of the stuff up there, therei s loads more though!:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7rsVzeWOs0
    I like bikes and stuff
  • RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    Looks fun.
  • joshtp
    that you tube vid only really shows the jump field, there i soooooooooooooo much more.
    I like bikes and stuff
  • cat_with_no_tail
    Sounds like a lot of fun. To be honest, the likelyhood of me travelling from the IOM to Swansea just to try it are slim, you never know though :P
  • joshtp
    Sounds like a lot of fun. To be honest, the likelyhood of me travelling from the IOM to Swansea just to try it are slim, you never know though :P
    :lol: fair nough, i hear the riding on iom is pretty cool, but, again, i feel i wont be traveling for it! :D IOM is one groovy place mind, you are lucky to live there, no speed limit, incredible country, sparce population............
    I like bikes and stuff
  • cat_with_no_tail
    lol, yeh we do ok. Good place for MTBers, there is an awful lot of good places to ride all packed into a very small Island. Only 1 proper Trail centre with Red and Blue graded Trails at the moment, but lots of more technical places to go off the beaten track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzlHTU0s ... r_embedded

We also have the End2End, which is set to be the biggest ever this year, with 1000 people entering. 75km with 1500m of climbing.

http://www.manxe2e.org/categories/view/3

There is a fairly big DH scene over here too, and for the closet roadies amongst you, well this is where Cav comes from so it cant be too bad.

Not forgetting of course, no speed limit over the mountain, the TT and the low tax rate.

Oh dear, I seem to have hijacked your thread :oops:
  • joshtp
    lol, yeh we do ok. Good place for MTBers, there is an awful lot of good places to ride all packed into a very small Island. Only 1 proper Trail centre with Red and Blue graded Trails at the moment, but lots of more technical places to go off the beaten track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzlHTU0s ... r_embedded

We also have the End2End, which is set to be the biggest ever this year, with 1000 people entering. 75km with 1500m of climbing.

http://www.manxe2e.org/categories/view/3

There is a fairly big DH scene over here too, and for the closet roadies amongst you, well this is where Cav comes from so it cant be too bad.

Not forgetting of course, no speed limit over the mountain, the TT and the low tax rate.

Oh dear, I seem to have hijacked your thread :oops:
    sounds cool!
    and yes, im quite anoyed that you have ruined what was suposed to be a deep and meaningful thread! :lol:
    I like bikes and stuff