Flying Lessons ...

stevet1992
stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
edited June 2009 in The Crudcatcher
bike had a bit of a flying trip yesterday ... coming back from a blast around blue bell hill ... great ride my new build of the hardtail feels so fast and nippy ! unfortunatly thats where the good bits end ...

driving back down with someone who gave me a lift i was in charge of securing the bikes on the bike rack ... not a good idea ! 10 minutes into the journey back we heard no noise no biker wants to hear :cry: CLUNK BANK as my bike hit the deck whilst driving at 30mph :( scratched the frame and the new fork (well 2nd hand from supersonic new to me) and badly buckled the wheel ... luckily ive managed to sort the wheel out but the scratches will be a reminder to me :evil: turns out i didnt secure the rope/ fabric tape like thingys that keep the bike from falling odd :oops: never doing that again !
On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    :roll:
    godsakes. I swear to god if you'd have done that to any bikes on the back of my car, or if the bike had fallen off in front of me, I'd have re-arranged your skeleton into a more painful configuration.
  • stevet1992
    godsakes. I swear to god if you'd have done that to any bikes on the back of my car, or if the bike had fallen off in front of me, I'd have re-arranged your skeleton into a more painful configuration.

i had double and triple checked the straps ... problem being that one of the teeth bit didnt lock down properly ... its not as if i meant to do it like you make it seem :roll: didnt mean to offend anyone

• Anonymous
    turns out i didnt secure the rope/ fabric tape like thingys that keep the bike from falling odd never doing that again !
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    wounded! we're allways so paranoid about it when we put 3 bungee cords and 2 rachet straps between bikes and rack and quadrouple checking the rack is secure to the car.

Get a van much easyer and secure

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • GTi-R23
    GTi-R23 Posts: 175

Bit harsh, chill out. I bet you've never made a simple mistake in your entire life right?
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    authentic-drama-queen.jpg

:wink:
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Anonymous
    GTi-R23 wrote:

Bit harsh, chill out. I bet you've never made a simple mistake in your entire life right?
    Not when it could potantially wreck other people's bikes or cars, no.
    If I had, I certainly wouldn't come here to repeat my 'fynny' story.
  • stevet1992
    GTi-R23 wrote:

Not when it could potantially wreck other people's bikes or cars, no.
    If I had, I certainly wouldn't come here to repeat my 'fynny' story.

i didnt say it was funny thats the first thing that come to my mind when it come off "Sh*t was anyone behind ?" luckily the answer was no ... i dont set out on a ride to destroy other peoples propety

sorry if i offended you :roll: rest assured i would never dream of destroying other peoples stuff and didnt even look at my bike before checking if anyone was behind