computer glitch at >30mph-?solutions

Mothyman
Mothyman Posts: 655
edited June 2009 in Road beginners
hi
new Spesh Roubaix is great - i thought i'd smashed my 10mile record today (not too difficult to do as only just started riding)..but then realised the computer cuts out at 30mph-ish
it kicks in again when i reduce speed but messes up the averages/max speed..and importantly the overall time spent on the run (the clock is unaltered)
Anyone know how to sort it - or should I take it back and get a better one?

Comments

• Mark Alexander
    Mark Alexander Posts: 2,277
    don't go over 30? 8)
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    Just a guess but possibly the wheel magnet is too far from the sensor and whizzing by at faster speeds doesn't allow for a strong pickup. But I may be totally off on this one.
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    Send it back - you can't be the first person to go 30mph on a bike (although ive not !!)
  • bobtbuilder
    bobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    Just a guess but possibly the wheel magnet is too far from the sensor and whizzing by at faster speeds doesn't allow for a strong pickup. But I may be totally off on this one.

+1 for this being the likely problem.
  • MontyCC
    MontyCC Posts: 46
    Get a wired sensor, and have the magnet closer to the Hub.

Not sure butt I think I've gone over 30mph. I'll def attempt it this sunday as I cycle thru the tunnel for the Liv-Chester-Liv ride.
  • jellybellywmb
    jellybellywmb Posts: 1,379
    check batteries in the transmitter, mine did the same as yours and this solved it.
    Sometimes batteries in new units can be shot before you even start.
    "BEER" Proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy
  • Mothyman
    Mothyman Posts: 655
    thanks lads
    will check batteries and also how close sensor is..then if fails i'll take it back

dont get me wrong, I'm not quick usually but the hill outside my house could freewheel a fridge freezer at 30mph