new bike

matt cupid
matt cupid Posts: 28
edited June 2009 in MTB buying advice
hi can any one help me i cant decide weather to get a giant anthem x2 or a commencial meta 5.5
i mostly do a lot of xc and trail riding also a few races. At the moment i have got a hardtail giant and whant to progress to a full-sus bike , but i dont whant to have a bike that is good at singletrack and downhill stuff but rubbish at climbs but i also dont whant to end up with a full-sus that is good at climbs but feels like it needs more travle for the rougher stuff .

thanks
matt

Comments

• ads4
    ads4 Posts: 698
    Voted for the Anthem, it's very xc focussed and if you race also then it's definitely better suited to your needs. IMHO of course :)
    Adam.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Current ride - Yeti ASR 5a X0
  • matt cupid
    matt cupid Posts: 28
    cheers adam

nice bike by the way
  • warrerj
    warrerj Posts: 665
    You seem to have gone for opposite ends of the scale. The anthem is a very fast, racey Xc bike (but i know a lot of people ride them every where). The Meta is very much a trail and All Mountain type bike. You may be better lookign at something in the middle.

I ride mostly XC but living in South Wales do a fair few trips to trail centres. Also throw in the annual trip to the Alps and just started to enter a few events like Mayhem and Brecon Beast. I do a good range of riding.

I changed to full-suss last year after 18 yrs of hard tail. Because of the raneg of riding I do I wanted a middel of the road bike that would do a good job at every thing but in the knowledge it would not be the best at anything.

I looked at a load of bikes and settled with a Titus Motolite and love it. Some of the others i looked at were : Spesh Stumpy, Ellsworth Epiphany, Giant Trance X, Trek fuel EX

I think these bikes may suit your needs better than the 2 you have picked.