Ladies bike

dancook
dancook Posts: 279
edited June 2009 in MTB buying advice
Hi,

Once i've purchased a bike, my girlfriend will be looking to get one.
She's never learnt to ride a bike, but once I help her out she intends on going for bike rides with me.

Even though I'd personally steer clear, I'm thinking Halfords might be the best place for her to go.

She only wants to spend about £200, so is she best just getting something for Halfords and taking whatever advice they can give about choosing the bike?

Or should she be a bit more fussy?

Thanks, Dan

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Do you have a Decathlon nearby? The Rockrider 5.2 is awesome value.
  • dancook
    Unfortunately not, I live in Guildford.

The closest stores are IN London and the other side of London.
  • dancook wrote:
    Hi,

Once i've purchased a bike, my girlfriend will be looking to get one.
    She's never learnt to ride a bike, but once I help her out she intends on going for bike rides with me.

Even though I'd personally steer clear, I'm thinking Halfords might be the best place for her to go.

She only wants to spend about £200, so is she best just getting something for Halfords and taking whatever advice they can give about choosing the bike?

Or should she be a bit more fussy?

Thanks, Dan

Hi Dan,

I've bought my wife a bike from Halfords, and in general they have been fine, but I would do some research on this forum and the tinternet first to get an idea of what kinda thing you and more importantly she'd be happy with, then go with her to try some out before finally choosing, get out to some of your local bike shops and see whats about, price, spec, feel of ride etc.....

I knew exactly what I wanted when I bought from Halfords so I didnt need to rely on their 'expertise'!

Once you have a short list or any questions then ask away and we'll try our best to help .

All the best with the search :D
  • dancook
    I assume it's not necessary for her to buy a 'Ladies' bike, but I know she would like a comfortable saddle and a fairly femine paintjob.
  • dancook wrote:
    I assume it's not necessary for her to buy a 'Ladies' bike, but I know she would like a comfortable saddle and a fairly femine paintjob.

Well my wifes bike (link in sig) is not sold or designed as a ladies bike and it suits her fine, each person and bike is different so what suits one wont suit another, so in a nutshell, yes still check out the gents bikes, it'll open up more choices for you/her :)
  • dancook
    Thanks, I will get her down to some independants to see what's available.