GT Avalanche 2.0 or Commencal Normal Disc

CjbScotland
CjbScotland Posts: 28
edited July 2009 in MTB buying advice
Hey i have been looking around at this forum and i would just like to say it is a great help. I was thinking about one of these bikes i am swayed to the Gt but could people give me their opinions on these bikes. I can get both for £350 and that was around the maximum i was looking to spend on a bike as i am just a beginner. So which one should i go for. All help appreciated.

Cheers Cjb Scotland :D

Comments

• TheRevOlutionary
    TheRevOlutionary Posts: 1,176
    edited June 2009
    Commencal for me. Better spec all round, even if both hove Suntour forks!
    Newbie with a Felt Q720

A day where you don't learn something is a waste...
  • Flenser
    Flenser Posts: 372
    The Avalanche is a £350 bike, the Commencal is a £500 bike that's reduced by £150.

That's another vote for the Commie from me.
    Claud Bulter Cape Wrath D27 (2009)
    Raleigh MaxLite FS1 (2001)
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Not that much in it, the Normal getting a 9 speed drivetrain.

I'd see what feels best.
  • Cheers guys, ive found a place in Glasgow that has Normal for £391, which is £10 more expensive than Merlincycles, however i think i may just buy it from the local shop as if i get any problems i can take it back to there. I might possibly see if they would do a price match. Anyways im gonna go out at the weekend to try it out and if like it i will most likly buy it.

Also while im here any reccomendations of places to bike in Glasgow. I live a 5 minute drive from the Cathkin Braes which is where the 2014 commenwealth MTB course will be built so i assume that will be a good place to ride.
  • Decided to get the Normal, I just took it out for a ride there and yeah its clearly awesome. :D