Girly Riser Bars

mrdales
mrdales Posts: 23
edited June 2009 in MTB buying advice
Hi all.

My girlfriend's Diamondback DBR1 (very pink) came with flat xc bars. After a year with it she's looking for a slightly more relaxed ride position and therefore some good xc riser bars.

Anyone got any recommendations?
Scott Genius MC30
Orange Crush
Giant SCR1.5
A worn out Cannondale Super V500 for the shops

Comments

• .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    mrdales wrote:
    Anyone got any recommendations?
    Only that non-anodized bars tend to be powder coated and the thickness of the paint can make re-fitting controls and grips more of a chore than it needs to be. Funn/Spank have some lairy colours and you could saw the ends off until the width is OK.
  • beardytwo
    beardytwo Posts: 174
    What about these?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=17930

Women specific or small handed mens bars.. :)
  • bomberesque
    bomberesque Posts: 1,701
    Beardytwo wrote:
    What about these?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=17930

Women specific or small handed mens bars.. :)

hilarious that they link the grips that you need and then list them as discontinued :roll:
    Everything in moderation ... except beer
    Beer in moderation ... is a waste of beer

If riding an XC race bike is like touching the trail,
    then riding a rigid singlespeed is like licking it
    ... or being punched by it, depending on the day
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    hilarious that they link the grips that you need and then list them as discontinued :roll:
    Chain Reaction strikes again!
  • I bought a good set of RaceFace Deus XC bars for my rockhopper, came in a package deal with a stem. They have quite a good rise and a little sweep on them so will be ideal if she's stretching to reach on her existing bar setup. Pretty light too so would recommend them. Not women specific though - get thin grips!
    There is a time to surf and a time to wax your board.....

'09 Trek Remedy 8
  • mrdales
    mrdales Posts: 23
    Thanks for the tips. The chainreaction ones look good. Hmmm "hellcat" :) Unfortunately they only seem to be available in one clamp size - the wrong one for the 31.8 mm stem on her bike. She just ordered some WTB XC ones from wiggle so we'll see how she gets on with them. Thanks again...
    Scott Genius MC30
    Orange Crush
    Giant SCR1.5
    A worn out Cannondale Super V500 for the shops
  • beardytwo
    beardytwo Posts: 174
    Must admit..I did think that was particularly crap of CRC to stock the Hellcat bars and not the women specific grips..atleast you can still get them elsewhere! :roll: Glad you are sorted though..
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    Mrs Matt went the other way - her Rockhopper came with risers, she stuck flats on!