anyone else work in the AV industry

welshkev
welshkev Posts: 9,690
edited June 2009 in The Crudcatcher
alright guys and girls,

just wondering if anyone else works in the AV/Events industry?

not the most exciting post, i was just curious :lol:

Comments

• ol\'gregg
    ol\'gregg Posts: 612
    yes yes i do. but then you already know that..
    gochel chan ddynion i mewn blew beisiau achos hwy cadernid bod eirth
  • welshkev
    ol\'gregg wrote:
    yes yes i do. but then you already know that..

don't you ever do any work? :lol:
  • ol\'gregg
    i could ask you the same question bro :lol: working late tonight so i'm in me new office doing naff all and having a sleep.
  • welshkev
    alright for some, i've done 2 18 hour shifts with only 4 hours sleep between each!!!

i'm sh@gged :o finish early today though
  • ol\'gregg
    see you need to be an in-house tech like me. everything is set up i just have to switch things on and fix it when it breaks. none of this running round the uk rigging and de-rigging malarky.
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    I'm kind of an AV technician. It isn't my job title, I deal with sound mainly, but do a lot with projectors, monitors and stuff like that.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • welshkev
    I'm kind of an AV technician. It isn't my job title, I deal with sound mainly, but do a lot with projectors, monitors and stuff like that.

where do you work mate?
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    At a music college, I won't name it in case I get in trouble for sayin somethin about it :lol:

I mainly work with the recording studios, but am also responsible for all the HiFi's and projectors around the college. Not at all as fun as it could be
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I'm a recording / mixing engineer.
    Just finished mixing an episode of a well known kid's cartoon.

Why do you want to know?
  • ol\'gregg
    I don't think he wants to know anything, just enquiring if anybody else on here worked in a similar field to him :D
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I wouldn't really say I was in the AV industry though, more music, although I also do post for TV and radio.
    Bulk of my work is recording bands in the studio, or classical work. I occasionally record in venues like the Albert Hall.
  • welshkev
    ol\'gregg wrote:
    I don't think he wants to know anything, just enquiring if anybody else on here worked in a similar field to him :D

yeah, i was just wondering how anyone else who works long hours rigging, de rigging, loading trucks etc like me manages to fit in riding. i'm knackered...lol :lol:

still gonna rip up cwmcarn in the morning though 8)