Terminator Salvation - did you see it?

Naveed
Naveed Posts: 728
edited June 2009 in The Crudcatcher
Thought it was crap. Skynet is a disgrace to artificial intelligence, if anything Terminator Salvation could be a reason why A.I. stands for average intelligence :?

Comments

• jrduquemin
    jrduquemin Posts: 791
    Some people are never satisfied with the products that Hollywood gives us...

I thought it was very good personally. I suppose you thought Transformers was crap too then?
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • Naveed
    Terminator Salvation was terrible for the following reasons.

1 - Why did Skynet use Kyle Reece as bait when all it had to do was kill him and the war would have been over (no John Connor)

2 - Why did Skynet create Marcus as an infiltration unit from the past? What's the point of creating a cyborg when it already had T800 in human form? He was all robot and had a human heart - why?

3 - Why was it so easy to break into skynet at the end? My mun could've waltzed ino that place.

As for Transformers it's a laugh but the reviews for the second one haven't been great.
  • jrduquemin
    jrduquemin Posts: 791
    Naveed wrote:

1 - Why did Skynet use Kyle Reece as bait when all it had to do was kill him and the war would have been over (no John Connor) - if you saw the original film, you'd know that Skynet did not know who the father was. So if they were to keep to the original mythos, they wouldn't have been able to use Kyle as bait as they wouldn't have known who he was...
    2 - Why did Skynet create Marcus as an infiltration unit from the past? What's the point of creating a cyborg when it already had T800 in human form? He was all robot and had a human heart - why? - He wasn't created as an infiltration unit from the past. He was executed and then his body was donated to Cyberdyne systems for research.

3 - Why was it so easy to break into skynet at the end? My mun could've waltzed ino that place - As Marcus was an active T800 infiltration unit, he already had clearance to enter the skynet building

As for Transformers it's a laugh but the reviews for the second one haven't been great.
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • Naveed
    jrduquemin wrote:
    Naveed wrote:

1 - Why did Skynet use Kyle Reece as bait when all it had to do was kill him and the war would have been over (no John Connor) - if you saw the original film, you'd know that Skynet did not know who the father was. So if they were to keep to the original mythos, they wouldn't have been able to use Kyle as bait as they wouldn't have known who he was...
    2 - Why did Skynet create Marcus as an infiltration unit from the past? What's the point of creating a cyborg when it already had T800 in human form? He was all robot and had a human heart - why? - He wasn't created as an infiltration unit from the past. He was executed and then his body was donated to Cyberdyne systems for research.

3 - Why was it so easy to break into skynet at the end? My mun could've waltzed ino that place - As Marcus was an active T800 infiltration unit, he already had clearance to enter the skynet building

Sorry that doesn't wash - why did Skynet identify Kyle Reece as the first target on its kill list (remember in the sub, Kyle 1st and John second) So it did know who he was.

As for Marcus - he time travelled into 2014 whenever Terminator Salvation was set. Why? Surely a T800 (the arnold model) would have been just as effective as an infiltration unit? Marcus was made ometal and that's how he got rumbled.

As for Skynet being an open shop - I do remember Marcus disabling the security but that doesn't explain why the place was virtually empty - although I will give you this one.