Max stands down to keep F1 together.

nicklouse
nicklouse Posts: 50,675
edited June 2009 in The Crudcatcher
"Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
Parktools :?:SheldonBrown

Comments

• "Max stands down to keep F1 together"

I got the impression that he and some of the teams didn't get on and it was a case of he (Max) goes or we (the teams) do?!

How long before the big egos in F1 have the same arguments again tho?
    *Rock Lobster Team Tig SL (22lb 14oz)
    *C. Late 1950's Fixed Gear
    *1940 Raleigh Dawn Tourist with rod brakes
  • Max really made a mess of things playing pollitics calling people names and playing with the media. Its only right he goes - but then he said he'd go several years ago and then just changed his mind - so I wonder if there'll be a repeat performance...
  • Martin Brundle was on BBC24 yesterday saying that Max had ALREADY left and his role was being taken care of by some chap from Monte Carlo?

Max not standing again in October sounds like a way of saving face for him, if in fact he had already left the role at the end of the latest meeting.
    *Rock Lobster Team Tig SL (22lb 14oz)
    *C. Late 1950's Fixed Gear
    *1940 Raleigh Dawn Tourist with rod brakes
  • rackgaki
    rackgaki Posts: 309
    least hes got more time for nazi fun now...anyway its ecleston its an 80 year old man who cant reliquish the power he has over the sport, so instead 'forced' or gave max no choice but to stand down. Hes a back stabbing grandad
    Dont you just love Marin's...i sleep with mine