Boredman

simon johnson
simon johnson Posts: 1,064
edited June 2009 in The bottom bracket
Seems like every other post in the beginner's and buying section is about buying a Boardman; riding a Boardman or which Boardman will Boardman bring out next- chopper; tandem; unicycle? Christ, even Boardman himself posted a topic :shock:
Where\'s me jumper?

Comments

• blu3cat
    blu3cat Posts: 1,016
    yet bizarrely I don't see many on the roads.
    "Bed is for sleepy people.
    Let's get a kebab and go to a disco."

FCN = 3 - 5
    Colnago World Cup 2
  • simon johnson
    They're all out of stock?

Well, I've seen a few cruising through East Finchley on the commute, I actually like the look of them.

I'm just a jealous guy....perhaps...nah.
    Where\'s me jumper?
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Too many Boardman threads? I know, I'll start another one, that would make sense.
  • simon johnson
    bompington wrote:
    Too many Boardman threads? I know, I'll start another one, that would make sense.

Only in the beginner's and buying sections....the cake stop has been without one for too long :)
    Where\'s me jumper?
  • mattbass789
    mattbass789 Posts: 355
    I was just setting off the other day and got stopped by someone asking me about my boardman. I've not seen any others around.

Living out in the country i see alot of ribble's, BMC's, cervelo's expensive specialized's and so on as all the city slickers come out to play at the weekend.
    “If you worried about falling off the bike, you’d never get on.”

@mattbeedham
  • nick hanson
    nick hanson Posts: 1,655
    Seems like every other post in the beginner's and buying section is about buying a Boardman; riding a Boardman or which Boardman will Boardman bring out next- chopper; tandem; unicycle? Christ, even Boardman himself posted a topic :shock:
    And,your point is?
    so many cols,so little time!
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    I've got one too, it's ace :D
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • simon johnson
    And,your point is?

No point as such, just an observation. Seems that there's a craze sweeping the nation- I guess it's the combo of Halfords+Cyclescheme+well designed/priced bike

I've no problem with Boardman's (or Boardman owners) for that matter. In fact, I do quite like the design - decals and frame look particularly nice.

Perhaps my post came over a little snobby. There was no snobbery or offense intended...

Simon.
    Where\'s me jumper?
  • mattbass789
    mattbass789 Posts: 355
    i mean, when i was looking i was on a tight budget being a student. so i was looking so closely, yes the frame may not be brilliant but im too much of a novice to notice that over, having a 105rear mech compared to having a sora which are sold on scott bikes upwards of 700 quid. Yes you have to buy from halfords, but is that such a bad thing these days? The guys at mine know what theyre doing, and are very helpful and know their stuff. i cant complain. and i have a bike that is better and will last longer than alot of my counterparts bikes who have spent alot more money than i have.

At the end of the day tho to me it is always down to the rider. regardless of machine.
    “If you worried about falling off the bike, you’d never get on.”

@mattbeedham
  • lastwords
    lastwords Posts: 304
    I have a boardman pro hardtail (mtb) insurance replacment which i got two weeks ago after my giant was stolen i really like the bike it has good quality components on it and the frame quality looks really good, if i was looking for a road bike i would consider one.

I have still had people saying its rubbish cause its from halfords hopefully it wont get nicked then :lol:
  • nick hanson
    nick hanson Posts: 1,655
    Got caught by a guy on one today coming up out of Thorner.Mind you,i soon kept up with him on the flat (& had 60 miles in my not so fit legs!)
    The bikes are good price & spec (much along the lines of a Ribble) but with a name some of the general public have heard of.
    so many cols,so little time!
  • mingmong
    mingmong Posts: 542
    ...and the Gov't bods are all on them on the 'cycle to work' scheme <correction required> jobby.