Fathers day pressies

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited June 2009 in The bottom bracket
What did you get?

I always tell my children "I don't need a special day, I know how much you love me".

Never the less I was presented with cards, two DVD's (Defiance & the warriors) and a large box of licorice allsorts. :D

Add to that I had a great morning cleaning my bike (after yesterdays 130miler) and an afternoon in the local for dinner and a few bevvies with my family, top stuff. :D
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    Got a nice bar of chocolate and a Seasick Steve CD but most importantly a pass to go out today with the club. This was extra good as the clubrun was great and I rode back with the fast group(rare for me) and managed to hang on for 15 miles at an average of 25mph! before being dropped. Would have lasted longer but I was split by a car who insisted on cutting me up at a junction, once I lost the wheel at that pace I didn't stand a chance of catching them up. Great fun though.
  • jellybellywmb
    jellybellywmb Posts: 1,379
    Some nice clothes for my forthcoming holiday and best of all when i arrived back from my early morning 40 miles, Banana Pancakes and Maple Syrup, homemade strawberry crunch (strawberies,yoghurt,mixed toasted seeds and oats) and a nice cup of black coffee, perfect :D
    "BEER" Proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy
  • Frank the tank
    Sounds like a really nice post ride meal my owd.

BTW my sons partner works in the police force and the description "black coffee" is not PC. :roll: Whataloadabollocks.

Love your signature. :wink:
    Tail end Charlie

• pedylan
    pedylan Posts: 768
    More coffee and chocolate themed stuff.

An extra large coffee mug, a selection of exotic drinking chocolates and a ground coffee called "Grumpy Mule" :oops: (if the cap fits!)

Then a meal cooked for me after my standard 30 mile loop.

Excellent day - sounds like you lot had a great time too.
    Where the neon madmen climb
  • GavH
    GavH Posts: 933
    I got WELL spoiled! 18 yr old bottle of Glenfiddich, a card, breakfast in bed and then the wife even allowed me to pick the takeaway (Dominos, which she hates, hence I never get it!). :D
  • Frank the tank
    GavH wrote:
    I got WELL spoiled! 18 yr old bottle of Glenfiddich, a card, breakfast in bed and then the wife even allowed me to pick the takeaway (Dominos, which she hates, hence I never get it!). :D

Had they not got any new bottles of Glenfiddich? :wink:

Nice one.
    Tail end Charlie

• the ferry
    the ferry Posts: 258
    ...Marshalled club Spoco TT made it to church then BBQ visited parents back home....mug,toblerone,book and aftershave. Church again pm fab day :)
  • phil s
    phil s Posts: 1,128
    A superman T-shirt and a lovely card. Not bad considering my daughter is 7 months old.
    -- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --
  • nitesight
    nitesight Posts: 119
    My first proper fathers day as he was only 3 mnths last time.

I got a box of Lyndor and two Worlds Best Dad mugs, one for works and one for home whilst being supplied with unlimited tea in bed and a bacon sandwich par excellence.

The best of all was the time splayed out in bed watching my Tour de France DVD that I've been waiting weeks to get the time to watch.

Bliss. Think i enjoyed it more than my birthday..........
  • Present still in the post, then backshift at work, I've had better days !!
  • mmitchell88
    mmitchell88 Posts: 340
    Nothing. Apparently the shirts I got a while back were my gift in advance. I got a card from our needy dog though - he's trying to persuade me to let him sleep in the bedroom. Father's Day is my day, dammit. It's not Dog's Day.

Anyone want a labrador?
    Making a cup of coffee is like making love to a beautiful woman. It's got to be hot. You've got to take your time. You've got to stir... gently and firmly. You've got to grind your beans until they squeak.
    And then you put in the milk.
  • 2 quality home made cards. A bakewell tart and a box of Roses chocolates. 25 mile ride. Village Day and a leisurely pub lunch. And I didn't have to drive home. The Abbot was off in the pub, never mind, at least I didn't fall asleep when the kids put on Peter Pan. Excellent day. Let's hear it for the Dads.
    If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.
  • I got a 16 pack of Badgers - Golden Champion, Tangle Foot, World Champion and Golden Glory Ales. From the missus and a made at school paper tie full glitter which is all over the front seat of the car where the youngest left it on fri after finishing school :roll: :D:D
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • I got a 16 pack of Badgers - Golden Champion, Tangle Foot, World Champion and Golden Glory Ales. From the missus and a made at school paper tie full glitter which is all over the front seat of the car where the youngest left it on fri after finishing school :roll: :D:D

Nice. Top Dad moments;

1 Going to work with glitter on your forehead.

2 Reaching for a hankie and pulling a sock from your pocket.
    If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    A sock? I've pulled much worse things from mine...
  • bompington wrote:

Yeah but I bet it wasn't off your kids :wink::lol:
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    bompington wrote:

Oooh you are cheeky.
    Actually, the one that immediately came to mind was a dirty nappy, although it wasn't actually at work.
  • bompington wrote:
    bompington wrote:

Oooh you are cheeky.
    Actually, the one that immediately came to mind was a dirty nappy, although it wasn't actually at work.

:shock: How big are your pockets?
  • shane515
    shane515 Posts: 139
    A couple of cards, a box of chocys and a Shimano Ultegra SL 6600 front brake caliper....funny, I needed one of those..........spooky :wink:

Shane
  • A framed picture of me dying on a hill in Exmoor!
  • pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    They asked me what I wanted and I said "permission to spend the day doing the Trossachs Ton". Granted.

So, while I was out killing myself on the hills, they were at home baking up the most spectacular afternoon tea with sandwiches, cake, fresh strawberries, biscuits, tea and/or sparkling wine. Best thing was, having got up at 6am to do 100 miles on the bike, I was able to shamelessly pig into the lot!

The evening ended with Malt Whisky.

Heaven.

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    I was given:

- a box of chocolates
    - a "Save Ferris" T-shirt
    - a new skull-design Buff
    - the new Madness CD (The Liberty of Norton Folgate)
    - handmade cards from each of the kids
    - peace and quiet to watch the cricket \o/
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    4 banana bread beers.
    Yum
    :D
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    Apparently you can have Grandfathers Day cards on Fathers Day. You live and learn. Not bad from someone who is eight weeks old!

:D:D:D:D
    The older I get the faster I was
  • Result this year - I got the Tour de France programme... that I bought before sureptiously handing it to the wife - what's worrying though is how good my daughters have become at telling porkies and giving the impression that it was their idea ...
  • My daughter took me out for a lovely meal..I had a steak with all the trimmings cooked to perfection and money to spend on myself..it'll go to my new set of wheels
  • Two home made cards, one with a bicycle theme.

Thorntons chocs and a copy of William Fotheringham's biog of Fausto Coppi that I can't wait to read.
  • Elganesh
    Elganesh Posts: 143
    My baby is as yet unborn. I tried to convince my other half that, technically, I was a father and that the baby just hadn't met me yet, but to no avail.

However, she did buy me a box of Maltesers and promised that one day, she will, eventually, want to have sex again.
    FCN = 4.5 Roadie, hairy legs, half a beard (say goateeeeee!)