This Summer!

beardwithabike
beardwithabike Posts: 195
edited June 2009 in MTB general
Me and my friend have booked some time off work and have 6 days of riding to be done!! We live in the Cheshire / Staffordshire area and the plan was:

Wednesday Evening - Drive up to Fort William after work and camp out!

Thursday / Friday - Ride Fort William for both days [is the new freeride / XC track open? How much are lift passes etc?]
Friday Night - Glasgow on a night out

Saturday Day - Ride around Glasgow area
Saturday Night - Edinburgh night out

Sunday Day - Ride Edinburgh area / en route to Yorkshire area
Sunday Night- Camp in Yorkshire Dales area

Monday / Tuesday - Ride the Dales
Tuesday night - Drive Home

We both have DH and XC bikes and will be doing a mixture of both types. I am just looking for some ideas / thoughts / links / info on this trip that we are doing really! Any definate trails to do?

We are both fairly fit and like jumps and flat ... not too many hills :]

Really wanna make it a good one!

Comments

• Tel39
    Tel39 Posts: 243
    Between Edinburgh and the Dales on the way back try and detour to Ae and Omega Man, trust me you wont regret it :)
    Vis Unita Fortior
  • The end on youtube looks quality!! Might scrap Edinburgh looking at the map. Fort Will, Glasgow, Ae, Lakes maybe and home?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Wharncliffe or Stainburn for Yorkshire.
  • Wharncliffe looks pretty good :]
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    It is very good lol, Peaty stil trains there!
  • hucking_fell
    hucking_fell Posts: 1,056
    edited June 2009
    Fort William Gondola day pass for the bike tracks is £25 this year. Open 1000 to 1530 IIRC. As you come into the town of Fort William, from Aonach Mor, take a right at the lights by the high school then the next right also to get to a good campsite. Can't remember the name of it.
    More freerange chicken than Freeride God
    Bighit , 5 , BFe
  • Pete-C
    Pete-C Posts: 353
    Fort William Gondola day pass for the bike tracks is £25 this year. Open 1000 to 1530 IRC. As you come into the town of Fort William, from Aonach Mor, take a right at the lights by the high school then the next right also to get to a good campsite. Can't remember the name of it.
    lochy caravan park - go therejust about every time for riding/ WC . No lock up for bikes but theres always plenty of other people with bikes. £15 per night for pitch with a car IIRC
    "Its all fun and games till someone gets hurt, then its hilarious"
    Pitch Comp
  • My mate said he knew about a place where Peaty trains, thats probably it as he said it was in that area.

Thanks for the tip on the camp site! £15 a night is pretty damn good. We can lock the bikes in the car and pitch up next to it?

£25 for the gondola seems expensive for a day. Although i suppose it saves quite a lot of walking lol
  • Pete-C
    Pete-C Posts: 353
    you might want to book a pitch, its pretty busy during the summer, but sometimes they are against booking for 1or 2 nights for some reason http://www.lochy-holiday-park.co.uk/
    "Its all fun and games till someone gets hurt, then its hilarious"
    Pitch Comp
  • scottyjohn
    scottyjohn Posts: 143
    Failing that Glen Nevis campsite is also good, and sittin with a beer watching people come back down off Ben Nevis is very relaxing! They have a bar onsite too that looks as if it does not bad food.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Saturday and Sunday riding wise you probably want to change to "Ride 2 or 3 of the seven stanes at random, doesn't matter which" :lol: Unless you've done innerleithen before you should probably be pointing your DH bikes there.
    Uncompromising extremist