Car ads.. are they just getting silly now or what!?

downfader
downfader Posts: 3,686
edited June 2009 in The bottom bracket
Just caught the ads on the Tour on ITV4 and they're showing that stupid advert where they micky-take Ghostbusters. What the hell is all that about..? :?

Then theres that other ad, I forget who for even, just that its this fella being chased by what looks like his middle aged male lover and leaps over two other cars. And they seem to be racing around normal streets. It does have an element of fantasy I'll give it that.

I suppose the car firms have had their day with the ads where drivers glide down empty, silent roads. Best car ad - the one where they fold a box into a car. Again though, does anyone remember what these cars are, because I certainly dont. :lol:

Comments

• campagone
    campagone Posts: 270
    Box car = Audi, the 118 ghost busters advert is really catchy I think, much better than the 247 directory heaven advert, so cheesy
  • downfader
    I could have sworn the ghostbusters mickey take was a car ad. :shock: I stand corrected :)
  • There is a ghostbusters car ad - for a Citroen, and it is crap! Saw an ad for 2 nissan 4x4s at the cinema where they have a dance off like west side story, that was really sh1t.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    On the up side though, I noticed today they've started re-running the Milky Way ad where the red car and the blue car had a race (must be 20years old) Best ad though is the ADIOS one featuring the disco classic disco inferno, Oh, and a very tasty young lady gyrating a more than sexy bottom. 8)
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    campagone wrote:
    Box car = Audi, the 118 ghost busters advert is really catchy I think, much better than the 247 directory heaven advert, so cheesy

118 247 give them a call its directory heaven. My Sisters kids sing it all the time just to make you start singing it because you get angry with yourself when you do :lol: .
    downfader wrote:
    I could have sworn the ghostbusters mickey take was a car ad. :shock: I stand corrected :)
    I believe that Citroen use it too. Has anyone seen the webuyanycar.com ad? That will drive you up the wall :lol:
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    I did like a couple of the Astra Corsa "C'mons" ads. However that was due to the cute girl riding her bike up the hill :wink:
  • FSR_XC
    FSR_XC Posts: 2,258
    This has got to be one of the best Car ads:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CCSNL3Wibw
    Stumpjumper FSR 09/10 Pro Carbon, Genesis Vapour CX20 ('17)Carbon, Rose Xeon CW3000 '14, Raleigh R50

http://www.visiontrack.com
  • I deliberately won't use 118 118 because of those cheesy David Bedford lookalikes :evil:
    Start Weight: 128 kilos (20.2 st) (April 17th 2009)
    Current Weight:119 kilos (18.7 st) (June 18th 2009)
    Target Weight: 92 kilos (14.5 st) (sometime mid-2010, hopefully sooner)
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    I deliberately won't use 118 118 because of those cheesy David Bedford lookalikes :evil:

i won;t use 118 118 becasue i don't understand what the point of it all is.

If you want a number - look it up on the internet - and it's free.
  • downfader
    Jake151 wrote:
    No one has seen that seat advert then.

oo err its rather weird with the salesmen making weird noises to describe the car. Confused me the first time I saw it but then realised there where sub-titles for people who don't understand what he is saying.

The Seat one is naff in a curious way. He's a funny actor though, always has been since Spaced. :)
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    [misquote="fatandwheezing"]
    There is a Citroen, and it is crap!
    [/misquote]
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days