Flipped my flop, arrgh me back!!

prawny
prawny Posts: 5,440
edited June 2009 in Road beginners
I'm fairly new to this road biking lark, so to ease myself in when I first got my road bike I flipped the stem over to give myself a more upright position. Anyway I've been going now for 5 or 6 months and I've been feeling a bit too upright and a bit self concious as my stem looks like an erection.

I flipped it over today and went for a 20 mile jaunt and it was lovely for about 12.5 miles then I started feeling a fairly sharp ache in my lower back. I'm pretty sure it was muscular and I was after some advice from you lot.

Is it just because it's a new position? Will it get any better? Should I change it back?

Help me :shock:
Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,708
    Flip it back. No point in having a low position if it hurts.
  • prawny
    Will it not get better? :( It makes me look cool(er)

whyamihere
    I've got a pass for an evenin ride from the wife if you want to go for a spin on monday night? I found a great climb tonight. here
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,708
    If you can improve your core strength and flexibility then it will get easier to get low. Crunches, bridges, yoga, pilates will all help.

Definitely up for Monday night. Pretty sure that that climb was on my climbing route I linked you to though. ;)
  • prawny
    pm'd you
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017