Ebay getting expensive

nicensleazy
nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
edited June 2009 in The bottom bracket
Seems to be getting expensive to sell on Ebay. I was amazed at the final value fee they charged me on a recent sale. Also, what with the expensive Paypal fee, its getting too bloody expensive! :(

Comments

• drewfromrisca
    drewfromrisca Posts: 1,165
    I've stopped using it simply because of those reason's!!!
    There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    I've stopped using it simply because of those reason's!!!

Me too, well that and both my accounts got hacked :roll:
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Probably like Ticketmaster. The more charges they can get away with the higher the return
    M.Rushton
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    Yep, agreed - Ebay's a bit of a hassle for Sellers these days - fees have gone up alot (Ebay/PayPal) over the last 18 months (and Royal Mail's aswell) - and then there's the dodgy/unreasonable buyers who can nitpick at will and cause decent sellers alot of stress - feel sorry for some of the small-time buisnesses on there.

Anyone know what Ebid's like for sellers these days ??
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    I once had a plan to sell loads of unwanted stuff – mainly hundreds of books acquired during a 15 year career in publishing -- but the sheer time invested in photographing and listing it all, combined with my impatience at having boxes of old books etc stacked around the house that I just want rid of, convinced me that Oxfam/Cancer Research donations are a better use of my time and space.

And large format hardback books are often hefty items that cost a few quid to post -- a cost that has to be paid upfront and, when eventually recouped from the buyer, goes into my PayPal account rather than back into my wallet, which simply tempts me to trawl Ebay for even more non-essential stuff to buy, thus adding to the clutter.
  • bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    e bay = easy money for those that own it :evil: It is all load in the buyers favor.I do not use it any more.
    bagpuss
  • pedylan
    pedylan Posts: 768
    mrushton wrote:
    Probably like Ticketmaster. The more charges they can get away with the higher the return

Too right. Booked three tickets for a concert in Hyde Park. Was charged £45 per ticket. The site strongly advised receiving your tickets by email and printing them yourself.

For this privilege I was charged £5 per ticket - £15 to receive one email.

If they'd charged £50 a ticket and issued a "free" email I'd be prepared to use Ticketmaster again and probably felt it was good value. As it is, with this rip off, I'll have to really want to see the act to use these bums again.

Oh and ebay IS extortionate. Sold a lap top and mp3 player for a combined £240 and paid nearly £40 in charges in total.
    Where the neon madmen climb