Forum home Mountain biking forum MTB general

Riding in Cyprus....

Chicken FatChicken Fat Posts: 82
edited June 2009 in MTB general
Hi,

i'm going to Cyprus with my family in July and i was going to try and get a day or two's guided riding in.

Has anyone used any guiding/hire companies in Cyprus? just looking for any advice really.

Cheers
Rob.

• andyhiltonandyhilton Posts: 156
    I'd be keen to find out some info too. My in laws have a place in Chlorakas (nr paphos) and i'm dying to take my bike over. With the wife ofc!
  • sampras38sampras38 Posts: 1,917
    Hi,

i'm going to Cyprus with my family in July and i was going to try and get a day or two's guided riding in.

Has anyone used any guiding/hire companies in Cyprus? just looking for any advice really.

Cheers
    Rob.

I've just come back from 2 weeks in Cyprus (last week), and I was in the Aiya Napa and Paralimni areas. I didn't take my bike as we had too much luggage as it is, but I have to say I was gutted I didn't have it. The roads are gorgeous for riding. Very smooth, new, quite quiet depending on when you go, and in some areas quite undulating. I'm training for the Wales Dragon at the moment.

You might want to think about the temperature in July though. It will be very hot.
  • Yeah, very hot in July but it should be cooler up in the mountains (apparently).....

Think i'm going to book a couple of days with Mountainbikecyprus. They seem to do guided rides with the option to hire a full susser (Marin).

Can't wait...

R.
  • andyhiltonandyhilton Posts: 156
    Last time I went in July it was high 30's. Wouldn't be too keen to be cycling in that.

Let us know how mountainbikecyrus works out.
  • sampras38sampras38 Posts: 1,917
    andyhilton wrote:
    Last time I went in July it was high 30's. Wouldn't be too keen to be cycling in that.

Let us know how mountainbikecyrus works out.

Yeah, unless you're accustomed to it I wouldn't recommend bike training in Cyprus in july or Aug. They are the hottest months and it can sometimes reach 40+. OK if you're just pottering about but I'd take it easy. And drink loads more than you would in the UK.
  • Cheers for the advice guys...

I did a couple of stints in Cyprus when i was still in the Army and the heat can really hurt.

will get acclimatised first...maybe even try and get out really early.

I'll let you all know how i get on..

May just be Keo beer and the pool instead...

Rob.