Wheel out of true - is it my fault?

mclarent
mclarent Posts: 784
edited June 2009 in Workshop
I got one of my wheels trued by LBS last week, have done less than 150miles on it and it's worse than before! I've gone over a few speed bumps etc, but nothing too bad - could the shop have forgotten to tighten something which let it go out of true so quickly?
"And the Lord said unto Cain, 'where is Abel thy brother?' And he said, 'I know not: I dropped him on the climb up to the motorway bridge'."
- eccolafilosofiadelpedale

Comments

• ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    Your lbs have not made a very good job of it. A good wheelbuilder would have them trued up for at least a the next 1000+Kms. and more. If you have only had them a week and 150miles then take it back.Oh, which LBS did you use.
    Ademort
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    I'd find a different LBS with a competant mechanic.
  • Wappygixer
    Wappygixer Posts: 1,396
    It could be down to the quality and age of the wheel too, also your weight and riding style could also effect it.
    How old is the wheel and what weight are you?
    What components is your wheel made up of?
  • geoff_ss
    geoff_ss Posts: 1,201
    In short, if it's not you who trued the wheel - no it's not your fault.

Geoff
    Old cyclists never die; they just fit smaller chainrings ... and pedal faster
  • mclarent
    mclarent Posts: 784
    Thanks guys for the responses, I'll take it back then!

For the record, it's a Mavic Open Pro on 105 hub, about 2 yrs old, and I'm a healthy 90kgs. Don't want to name and shame the bike shop, but will do so if they give me a hard time when I take it back(!)
    "And the Lord said unto Cain, 'where is Abel thy brother?' And he said, 'I know not: I dropped him on the climb up to the motorway bridge'."
    - eccolafilosofiadelpedale