Boardman Bikes............

cheehee
cheehee Posts: 427
edited May 2009 in MTB general
Tell me about Boardman bikes;

Are they bikes that are just endorsed by Chris Boardman?

Or did Chris Boardman decide he wanted to have a range of bikes and Halfords helped him towards this goal?

How much input/overall say does Chris B have in the bike design etc?

Thanks

Cheehee

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    AFAIK a team of people led by boardman designed them. He is a keen MTber and knows his stuff.
  • cheehee
    cheehee Posts: 427
    supersonic wrote:
    AFAIK a team of people led by boardman designed them. He is a keen MTber and knows his stuff.

Cheers, I was just wondering really, no other reason.

My brother used to have a 'Tim Gould' Peugeot. I don't think Mr Gould had much to do with that.............. :wink:
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    He does ride one himself too.
  • Si78
    Si78 Posts: 963
    http://boardmanbikes.com/mtbht/index.html

I read that his ideas guide the design philosophy etc etc and that he sets the specs for the bikes and stuff like that.

I also remember reading that Boardman have an exclusive deal with Halfords, for 2 or 3 years. After that they may be available elsewhere?

Si
    Why has my sig been removed by the admins???
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    A lot of people scorn (not the Op in this case, but) at Boardman, him being a roadie and designing MTBs - but he knows a lot about bikes! People are happy to buy from brands that have no rider name attatched, who is to say they are any better?!
  • Si78
    Si78 Posts: 963
    Boardman knows his stuff, regarding bike design, I reckon
    He was heavily involved in the team GB olympic bike design...had a bit of a 'skunk-works' thing going on.

And remember he was involved with Lotus years ago, helping to design and develop the 108 world record breaker.

Si
    Why has my sig been removed by the admins???