2010 Specialized Tricross Range

bmxboy10
bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
edited August 2009 in Road buying advice
Hi

I understand there to be a shortage of 09 Tricross Comps/Sports due to a similar issue as with the 09 Allez models.

I can still get a sport from this years range but should i wait until the new model is out? If nothing else i was hoping for a better colour choice!

So does anyone know when the 2010 Tricross range will be available?

Regards

Comments

• Andy140
    Andy140 Posts: 130
    Same here, waiting for better colour in the 2010 range
  • I had been thinking of buying a Tricross Sport 2009 to convert into an Audax bike. However as it turns out there's no new ones available at all in Germany / Austria, and the bike shops don't expect the 2010 models to be released until late September / early October.
  • Oceanblue
    Oceanblue Posts: 158
    Any photo's of the 2010 yet - I'm not fussed on the brown to 2009 either...
  • Dr U Idh
    Dr U Idh Posts: 324
    Try here
    http://www.eriksbikeshop.com/ride/searc ... e&x=14&y=5

I think they're missing a trick by not having at least one diskibraked model in the range.
  • Oceanblue
    Oceanblue Posts: 158
    ta...
  • Andy140 wrote:

Have you seen one in the flesh? I thought the brown in the pictures looked quite nice close up. It's more like a metallic bronze :)
    2009 Kona Zing - second ever racer and follows my 5 speed downshifters Raleigh Milk Race of 1987ish :-)
  • tsw6621
    tsw6621 Posts: 1
    I tested the 2009 ($1450) and bought the 2010 ($1200) Tricross Sport Triple. Accordinmg to Specialized, the lower price is because of lower end components in the drive train. I cannot tell the difference when reading the Specifications list for each on the Specialized website. The 2010 is a bettercolor, I think, and doesn't test differently than the 2009, which at this point can be had at a sale price at the dealers who need to unload the 2009 stock. The bike is fun and good for the hillyu paved and dirt roads I ride, but it's a clunker compared to a road bike, which is much lighter, faster and more responsive.
  • Andy140
    Andy140 Posts: 130
    Andy140 wrote:

Have you seen one in the flesh? I thought the brown in the pictures looked quite nice close up. It's more like a metallic bronze

New colours are on the Evans website - not fussed on the 2010 colours either :cry