Always off road?

diamondbacker
diamondbacker Posts: 224
edited May 2009 in MTB general
Whenever you are out on your mtb (apart from commuting) do you always go off road/on trails are do you occasionally do just flat/road areas?

I find I have to start doing this with limited time just so I get a different route!

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Yep! Plenty of lanes and roads here to link places up, and sometimes aI like a leisurely ride on an evening down the paths.
  • plasma_man
    plasma_man Posts: 129
    85% offroad, 14% onroad, 1% on my back side.

I would say most of my weekend runs are between 30-50 miles so there is always about 2 or 3 miles mixed in to join forest tracks together.

Unfortunately, not much single trail but there are some.

My fav run is 31 miles long, the main climb is from 1400ft to 2600ft over 2 miles of farm roads. I don't mind these long climbs on the road, its a battle against the hill, helmet off over the handle bar, sweat pouring down your face, water bottle seems to empty quick!
    - 2013 Cube LTD, SL 29, grey / black.
  • Ben Ormshaw
    Ben Ormshaw Posts: 62
    Sadly I have to use roads to get to woods - they really wear my knobbly tyres down fast!
    I think a bit of road/lane cycling is nice in really hot weather, but after a while I just get sick of cars. :x (what is it with some people)
    Plus i don't have to squeeze myself into lycra if I wanna go for a quick ride :lol:
  • Bungalow Bill
    Bungalow Bill Posts: 643
    I can get to work in about 5 mins using road or I can get to work without going on any roads at all and it takes me 35 minutes.

Guess which route I take =D

The only thing to get me out of bed early is my bike, :wink:
    I use all 9 inches.

Sabrina
  • LoUiS1985
    LoUiS1985 Posts: 841
    yep - i do a 24 mile round trip to work four times a week, and thats all on road, plus rides at weekend without about 70% off and 30% on road