Cycling has become a pain in the .....

larfingravy
larfingravy Posts: 95
edited May 2009 in Road beginners
.....butt!!!

I've been pottering on my bike for a few years now and have been a bit of a lightweight when it comes to distance. The most being about 25-30 miles. Yes I know... :P

This year I've been trying to make a concerted effort to improve my bike fitness and get some more miles under the saddle and get out more often.

The problem is I've noticed recently is when in the saddle my right side seat/pelvic (??) bone causes a pressure point on the the area where the top of my leg is on the saddle. Basically where the top of the leg joins the backside. After a short while in the saddle this causes discomfort and interferes with the pleasure I get from cycling. I grimace at potholes :x

I've got some decent bibshorts but no difference.

I do find that I sometimes feel that I've slid forward in the saddle sometimes and feel the need to adjust with sliding back an inch to sit more square on the saddle. I wonder whether this may have something to do with it. The saddle appears level and not sloping.

I have lost some weight over the past few years and have noticed that as the weight dropped off my backside sitting for long periods could get more uncomfortable as the seat bone would cause numbness in my leg and pressure causing soreness. This is the first time I've noticed it when cycling.

Any ideas or advice anyone??

Comments

• hotspur
    hotspur Posts: 92
    I did 20 odd miles on a MTB today, and have to say I experienced a similar problem with regards to slipping forward a touch and becoming uncomfortable. Any advice on stopping the slipping would be appreciated, although I don't expect to be riding my MTB for this kind of distance for too long.
    If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail.

Follow Darts? Follow the Modus Darts team

http://www.modusdartsforum.com
  • ohlala!
    ohlala! Posts: 121
    Maybe you guys should try the noseless saddle. If you do, let us know how it feels.