Giro 18° Tappa *spoiler*

Le Commentateur
Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
edited May 2009 in Pro race
Looks like Simoni tried an attack on the big climb out from the start but was hauled back almost immediately.

Comments

• afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Breakaway time.

Popovych, Pate, Bosisio, Scarponi, Masciarelli, Zeits, Cardenas, Voeckler, Lopez Garcia, Deignan, Dean, Visconti, Grabovskyy, Gavazzi, Quinziato, Devenyns, Seeldrayers, Bertolini, Ljungblad, Lövkvist, Siutsou, Petrov, McCartney, Bak, and Vorganov.

2:20 on the peloton according to CN.

Strong group, although Acqua e Sapone won't be happy about Seeldraeyers being there. (Edit: Duh, I missed the fact that Masciarelli's name is there too. Presuming that's Francesco and not one of the other Masciarelli's on that team.)
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    Seeldraeyers is having a good season this year. The Flemish will be all over him soon.
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Looks a bit big, will it stay away or collapse?

Still, I thought a break would go, especially since few teams will be ready to chase a group for the sprint, LPR are probably saving energy for Di Luca. But trying to pick a winner for PTP was too much of a lottery, although I see a few nifty picks of Visconti.

Live video on the RAI site now, any time checks? The coverage on RAI is good but I like the way French and Belgian coverage includes a small chequered flag in the top corner of the screen with the number of km left and that they include regular time checks, RAI use less of this onscreen stuff.
  • alanmcn1
    alanmcn1 Posts: 531
    COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got Visconti on PTP and they have around 6 mins according to Eurosport player (£3.99 only way i could get to watch decent coverage at work)
    Robert Millar for knighthood
  • afx237vi
    Ahh Eurosport. Don't you love it? 3pm and here's the Lincoln GP. Again.
  • alanmcn1
    alanmcn1 Posts: 531
    I have to say eurosport player is really good. Been showing live stream since 2, though no commentary certaintly
    Robert Millar for knighthood
  • Bhima
    Bhima Posts: 2,145
    Why is it not on?
  • Quite Frankly
    Quite Frankly Posts: 386
    This is majorly frustrating. WTF are Eurosport up to?
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    edited May 2009
    WTF are Eurosport up to?

Maybe the same TV professional is in charge who supervised yesterday's edited highlights?
  • NervexProf
    NervexProf Posts: 4,202
    Break at 5.00 with 46km to go.
    Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom
  • shoppo33
    shoppo33 Posts: 88
    What in Gods name is eurosport up to, Lincon GP yet again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • Bhima
    :|

That internet feed is very glitchy. It only moves every 7/8 seconds.

What is Eurosport up to?

• calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    I see Cipo has been telling Basso he needs to find another gear on the cols. Nice to get advice from one who knows :D

Strava is not Zen.
  • Kléber
    http://www.direttagiro.rai.it/

3 mins for the break now, could be close!
  • NervexProf
    NervexProf Posts: 4,202
    Break 2.57 with 25km to go
    Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    solo (and even group) breakaways on flat stages are a thing of the past, now that the DS has a radio and a laptop he can calculate how long the soloist is allowed to stay away for the sponsors benefit before the peleton reel him in so that the sprinters get their shot
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • Quite Frankly
    Quite Frankly Posts: 386
    But this breakaway is going to stay away :?
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    edhornby wrote:
    solo (and even group) breakaways on flat stages are a thing of the past, now that the DS has a radio and a laptop he can calculate how long the soloist is allowed to stay away for the sponsors benefit before the peloton reel him in so that the sprinters get their shot

How many sprinters teams are there? I don't think one team could catch such a large breakaway.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Bhima
    Eurosport's excuse for coming on late was the Tennis - What???

Now, they are saying they don't have time to show the podium, and it's only 4:12 - the programme was scheduled to finish at 4:30.

What's going on?

:?:
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    Somebody needs to throw some money at Euroshiite.
    35 minutes of interruption to the tennis must have really upset the Roland Garros crowd. :roll:
    Truly pathetic, even by their standards.
    The second biggest race of the year relegated to a highlights programme.
    Still, Harmon manage to have extended coverage of Menchov's connection to the Austrian clinic.
    Not once, but twice!
    I'm mad, and I've had 2hours+ of Rai!
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Bhima
    But there was no Tennis!!! they showed a repeat of another race for half an hour!? :?
  • jaffasnap
    jaffasnap Posts: 2
    It's all to do with the HD channel. Seems we had to wait for the Federer match to finish which was being shown on Eurosport 1 and HD, The Giro then followed on HD and started at the same time on 2. Looks like they can't be bothered to start it on one channel and not another. No time for the podiums because Eurosport HD wants the tennis back. Makes you wonder what the point of Eurosport 2 is when they do this.
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    C'mon then, how;s the race going? THis is supposed to be a spoiler :D
  • Kléber
    Frustrating result with Puertisto Scarponi winning ahead of Danny Pate.
  • afx237vi
    ^ Cardenas got 2nd. Pate was 3rd.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    It looked like they didn't break 20mph in the sprint.
    Contador is the Greatest