rear end / Zesty

gypsy3006
gypsy3006 Posts: 108
edited May 2009 in MTB workshop & tech
I was considering giving my swing arm a bit of maintenance as its creaking a little bit :( , if i pull the back brake and push the bike forward I can hear creaking , could it just be the fact its a carbon rear end or is it likely to be a bearing / linkage ?

Having never done it before :oops: any tips / guidance would be greatly appreciated

cheers
:D
Ride like theres a randy priest behind you !!!!

Comments

• k2rider
    k2rider Posts: 575
    could possibly be the disc rotating in the caliper just a fraction thats being amplified by the rest of the swingarm. does it make any noises when the brake is off and you compress the suspension?
    who cares?
  • gypsy3006
    gypsy3006 Posts: 108
    Hi K2 ,

thanks for your help again :P

I thought it might be the disc putting pressure on the swingarm but thought i would ask as I wasnt sure if this was the norm .

When I compress the suspension it doesnt make any unusual noises but the slight vibration when I use the back brake is back again , last time I tightened the bolts and it got better but at the end of my ride it sometimes comes back again , like a slight wobbly feeling , so I thought I would check all the bearings , linkages with a bit of maintenance :P

cheers
    :shock:
    Ride like theres a randy priest behind you !!!!