pro lite wheels

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited May 2009 in Road buying advice
i have an 09 allez triple and im after some new wheels. the ones which are fitted to the bike seem ok and have held up to my 19 odd stone thumping along on them but i like new things and like the idea of a lighter wheelset.

i was looking on chain reaction and saw these:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=29088

they look like a good idea, i dont know much about road bike wheel weights but these will be nearly 300g lighter than my current specialized/alex ones and am i right in thinking the taller rim profile = tougher rim?

so does anyone have an opinion on these or an alternative, im looking at spending around the 200 quid mark.

Comments

• giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    These Pro-Lite range of wheels are very similar to the Quest wheels have to say. The Quest Comos are possibly heavier but at 80 quid a pop, they are VERY strong and you won't bend them, no matter how heavy you are. Just a thought.
  • Anonymous
    they look good but are heavier than my current wheels so i would rather pay the extra as long as i get some strength and reduced weight.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    yes see what you're saying. Fair enough, have to say they're not that light, I've had some. very smooth running but trying to get across the strength thing you see.
  • Anonymous
    i getcha. well cheers for the recommendation.