effing eurosport

Fastlad
Fastlad Posts: 908
edited May 2009 in Pro race
where the hell is todays giro coverage???? According to my sky planner it should be on now but instead i've got the bloody tennis!! :evil:

Comments

• do you want to know who wins?
  • Fastlad
    May as well tell me now!!!! I hope i get to see Planet Armstrong at the advertised time or my toys are getting launched!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    Eurosport 2 :)
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    Yeah - an hour late again. At least they're showing it, rather than skipping it and going straight to the programme scheduled for 9pm.
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • Fastlad
    Beer from the fridge, blood pressure back to normal and Kelly's dulcit tones.........t'urty or fawrtie seconds!! 8) :lol:
  • FCE2007
    FCE2007 Posts: 925
    Well certainly.
    Powered by Haribo. Zwift convert P.aul Laws [x]
  • shoppo33
    shoppo33 Posts: 88
    Forgot to record the programme after today so missed the last 20 mins.

Brilliant :cry:
  • doyler78
    doyler78 Posts: 1,951
    shoppo33 wrote:

They actually updated the schedule to a finish time of 17:00 and it then was updated again to a finish time of 17:15. Must have been updated too late to prevent the recording from finishing at the advertised time. At least it looks like they are trying to get things sorted at last by updating the schedules. They just have to do it a bit faster. They might get it right some day :lol:
  • Philip S
    Philip S Posts: 398
    shoppo33 wrote:

Don't worry, I remembered to record the next programme, but that turned out to be only 15 mins long, so I still missed the last 10 minutes of the race. :evil: I had to watch the last 10 mins on RAI watch again, but by then had read the result while trying to find the video...

It's manual recordings for me now - all the way to 5.30pm. :(
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    Conversely, we gained yesterday with the stage over-running and some other chumps missed out on seeing their sport.
  • Steve928
    Steve928 Posts: 314
    It started ahead of schedule on Eurosport International, then after about an hour and a cracking climb it was '..and welcome to viewers on British Eurosport'.

They must have given British Eursport viewers an extra helping of tennis, you lucky lot.
  • I see the stage today is on Eurosport 2???

Will I be able to follow the audio commentary from their website like I have been when the stages were on Eurosport 1?
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Maybe look for a pirate feed somewhere, e.g. http://www.gnttv.com/giro.html (not ES, btw)
  • Thanks. I've forked out the massive £4 for the eurosport player.
  • zammmmo
    zammmmo Posts: 315
    Did the 'pirate' feeds break up as much as the ES one did on the Blockhaus? I know the weather was a bit rubbish at the top which might have interfered with transmission but....
  • doyler78
    doyler78 Posts: 1,951
    zammmmo wrote:
    Did the 'pirate' feeds break up as much as the ES one did on the Blockhaus? I know the weather was a bit rubbish at the top which might have interfered with transmission but....

It'll not be anything at all to do with Eurosport. They take all their pictures from host broadcasters, in this case Rai Sports, so it will have been a problem over which they had no control.
  • Philip S
    Philip S Posts: 398
    zammmmo wrote:

I assumed that the picture break up was due to the climb being heavily wooded - they seemed to lose the pictures each time the riders went into the trees.
  • I see today's highlights programme is actually highlights of some spanish guy in a pink tshirt wacking balls around.

Not the kind of pink jersey i was hoping for!!! :x
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,467
    It's effing ridiculous. I've planned my evening around watching the highlights. No explanation, just replays of tennis. I mean WTF? I've paid money to subscribe to this service for a month on the basis of the schedule. I can't watch live during the day, and the "relive" doesn't have a soundtrack. This is my first experience of Eurosport. I promise I'll never complain about CyclingTV again, at least they try...
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    AAAAARGH!!!!! Likewise I have planned my night around watching it. I suppose we must just say to ourselves that at least they don't cut the live coverage of races short.
  • donaldinho
    donaldinho Posts: 103
    This is rubbish. No highlights and not even due to live coverage of another sport.
    Not good enough.
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    They could at least put a notice on the player page saying they are overunning by X time!
  • well it is advertised as being on E'sport 1 right now...

only it has been Rolland Garros & now highlights of the Champions League final..!!
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    I really like the Eurosport player. I can't get regular Eurosport through Sky as I rent, so it has to be something on the internet. I can't watch most races live through links on sites like cyclingfans.com as I'm usually at work, so I use the Re-Live. I can fast forward to the part of the stage I want to see. Just watched the last 30km of today's stage rather than sit through 2 and half hours of coverage. And I don't have remember to set a "planner", it's already recorded for me. OK, no commentry, but that's not the end of the world, there's enough on screen info to be able to follow the race. And it's £4! That's less than 20p for each stage of the Giro.
  • larfingravy
    larfingravy Posts: 95
    Looks like Eurosport has gone all off schedule. It's supposed to be Poker (sport???) from 2350 but instead it's still showing the Giro (just left Ercolano)