tents n poles

nedzzz
nedzzz Posts: 7
edited May 2009 in MTB general
Looking to cycle/camp either one or two nights , does anyone have any recommendations or experience which make/model to go for? ie Light weight, does not take up too much space in the old rucksack.
The one person tents look a bit of a squeeze =| Thought about bivvying (not sure if there is such a word!) but not fully trusting the weather at the moment..

Cheers =)
scrumpy....

Comments

• a two man tent is worth the extra weight and bulk if (when!) the weather turns bad. I've been very comfortable in my old North Face Tadpole, which has undergone several revisions since mine was new and shiny.
  • nedzzz
    nedzzz Posts: 7
    Many thanks Muddy, the two man is definitely looking the better option!
    scrumpy....
  • v23
    v23 Posts: 217
    MSR Zoids are ace. I have the zoid 1and it packs up amazingly small and light. Though the Zoid 1.5 wouldn't be much bigger packed.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    The only way I've ever found for one person to be comfortable in a one man tent is if they take a spare for all their kit :lol: 2-man is for one person really.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    Northwind wrote:
    The only way I've ever found for one person to be comfortable in a one man tent is if they take a spare for all their kit :lol: 2-man is for one person really.

Just like ready meals :)