Worst thing you have forgotten to bring?

Comments

• chuckcork
    chuckcork Posts: 1,471
    A few times (thinking laterally) forgot to shut the front door on the way out and what with mucking around with getting the bike out in the morning....my flatmate was NOT happy.

Today (driving) work ID and work keys.

Few weeks ago: a towel after riding in and needing a shower, assumed one would be there as there were previously, had to use one that was already used and wet (horrible). Keep one stashed at work now as the emergency reserve.

A while ago: underwear, had to go commando until the shops opened (thank goodness for a nearby M&S)

Last week I left my helmet in Ireland where I'd been for a 200km event, so had to buy another when back. I rode in to work on Tues without it as I hadn't a chance to get one, and decided from that I do actually prefer to wear one (not for the brain damage avoidance reasons now you ask)
    'Twas Mulga Bill, from Eaglehawk, that caught the cycling craze....
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    I have forgotten my shirt again today - that's two days in a row of wearing my sweaty baggy cycling T shirt in the office. :?
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Nah if i forgot my shirt I'd have to buy a new one. Couldn't wear my sweaty cycle top all day in the office - I don't dislike the people I work with that much... Though I do hang my tights on the coat stand next to everyone elses coats.... :twisted:
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • In the year I've been cycle commuting I have had to go commando a few times due to poor memory

Most recently last week . . . I can honestly say there's only one thing worse than going commando in work . . . . . and thats realising you've been wondering around flying low for half an hour as well :oops:
  • sarajoy
    sarajoy Posts: 1,675
    I really must learn, and stash some socks and knickers at work :oops:
    4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif
  • Roastie
    Roastie Posts: 1,968
    Deodorant.

In the middle of a South African summer.

On a day I was stuck in a hot meeting room with poor ventilation.

:shock:
  • Lycra Man
    Lycra Man Posts: 141
    b0y1nterrupted

+1 for no pants, so went commando. Told a female work colleague the following day, (I thought in confidence) and it spread rouind the department like wildfire. That Christmas (2 months later) much hilarity when the Secret Santa gift was a 5-pack of briefs.

Why do girls/ladies think this is so funny?

Lycra Man
    FCN7 - 1 for SPDs = FCN6
  • I took the laptop home for the weekend once to work on a major presentation on the monday. Got to my desk ready to attack the day, realised I had left the lappy, had to go home to pick it up then back to work, made the meeting with about 5mins to spare. No time to shower stumbled into the room all sweaty.

Suffice to say it did not go well. :x
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    sarajoy wrote:

We keep telling you, you don't need knick... oh, right, at work, I see. Carry on.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    biondino wrote:
    sarajoy wrote:

We keep telling you, you don't need knick... oh, right, at work, I see. Carry on.

TBF if she wasn't wasting them on the bike there wouldn't be a problem :twisted:
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • sarajoy
    sarajoy Posts: 1,675
    Bah, to the lot of you.

Have half a mind to turn up in July with ruddy great bloomers peeking out the bottoms of my cycling shorts!
    4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif
  • biondino
    HOTT
  • Bugger.

I forgot my shoes this morning. At least the cycling shoes I use on my commuter are SPD's :roll:
  • jedster
    jedster Posts: 1,717
    spare pair of bib shorts after a crash wich ripped my lycra seat pad out and my plums were hanging out

It's a good line but something tells me that the magistrate didn't buy it :lol:

worst think that I forget are socks. Pants - well you can go commando but suit, shoes and bare ankles is just not a good look in meetings...

That said, I dd manage to forget my rail pass and wallet once...

Oh and I left my helmet, gloves and week old rudy projects on my bike locked at the station. Fortunately the missus was able to collect them before they walked.

I'm not really a morning person.

J
  • macondo01
    macondo01 Posts: 706
    Forgot my shirt this morning but found a T-shirt to wear under my V neck - very fetching! Better than the last time when also I forgot a shirt - choice was fluroscent top and black shorts and mtb shoes 0r fluroscent shirt and smart trousers and smart black shoes. I went for the latter. Great combination to meet your first client as a psychotherapist! :shock:
    "Let not the sands of time get in your lunch"

National Lampoon
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Need to remember tomorrow is a full re-stock of my locker at work....
    Will bring in 10 shirts, 2 towels, half a dozen boxers and the same with socks.

I keep trousers, and shoes in there permanently.

If I forget there could be a problem.......

Touch wood not forgotten much. Just phone and staff pass a couple of times, but just waiting for the day I need to go Commando....
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • Onan
    Onan Posts: 321
    My bike lock is the worst. It's so tempting to leave it unlocked and hope for the best, but I just can't risk it, so it's a turn around and go back home job.

Luckily it's only a couple of miles or so.
    Drink poison. Wrestle snakes.
  • rich_e
    rich_e Posts: 389
    I've never managed to forget any piece of clothing I need to change into thus far.

I have at times not packed something like a rain jacket and got soaked, or forgotten to put my lights into my bag, or charge them up.

The one thing I do always try to make sure I remember, and I've come so close to nearly walking out the door without sometimes is my light pair of MTB baggies. They take up uneeded room in my bag, but I don't really want to be walking all the way through the office in lycra. :oops:
  • blu3cat wrote:
    So what's the worst thing you've forgotten on your commute?

My bra! Twice! Oh, and once, I packed skirt, etc, but no top. So there I was, walking around the office (bank in the City), with a posh skirt, posh shoes, and a Gore cycling top. Thank God for the Next shop on Cheapside! :-)
  • owenlars
    owenlars Posts: 719
    At various times socks, pants, shirt, helmet and rucksack
  • Lycra Man wrote:
    b0y1nterrupted

+1 for no pants, so went commando. Told a female work colleague the following day, (I thought in confidence) and it spread rouind the department like wildfire. That Christmas (2 months later) much hilarity when the Secret Santa gift was a 5-pack of briefs.

Why do girls/ladies think this is so funny?

Lycra Man

Because it is!!!! :lol:
  • lol.

how can you forget ya bra?
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • I've forgotten bra too....managed with my sports bra. also forgot tops but made do with what was in my drawer. got in the shower one morning a few weeks back and realised my towel was still upstairs by my desk! dried myself with a hand dryer....good job there was one, and I wasn't in a rush, or anyone waiting outside to use the shower. must say I usually forget to take things down to the shower. there's no storage nr the shower so all my stuff is at my desk. usually its my brush that I forget.
  • deffler
    deffler Posts: 829
    Forgot my trainers once, looked a berk walking round the office with no shoes/socks on. Quick phonecall to Mrs Deffler saved the day.

Ive also forgot to restock my locker with deoderant & hair gunk, bad times
    Boardman Hybrid Pro

Planet X XLS
  • CdrJake
    CdrJake Posts: 296
    +1 for underpants!

Not a good one when you know how itchy RN issue trousers are, my poor administrator had to endure me scratching and 'adjusting' myself all day :shock:
    twitter: @JakeM1969
  • FeynmanC
    FeynmanC Posts: 649
    CdrJake wrote:
    +1 for underpants!

Not a good one when you know how itchy RN issue trousers are, my poor administrator had to endure me scratching and 'adjusting' myself all day :shock:

I've not heard the little chap called that before :wink:
    us0.png
  • CdrJake
    FeynmanC wrote:
    CdrJake wrote:
    +1 for underpants!

I've not heard the little chap called that before :wink:

You know very well that I mean :lol: my secretary has been traumatised for life by that. :lol:
  • biondino
    Cdr, do you ever actually GO on a ship?
  • CdrJake
    biondino wrote:
    Cdr, do you ever actually GO on a ship?

Last time I was at sea was a year and a half ago. Since promotion I have been on a land based appointment, will be for the next three years at least. I go on board ships when they are in dock and need work doing on them, otherwise my deployment is a land one for the time being.

Anyway we are allowed leave you know. I have been forced to take two weeks as I have 128 days owing :shock:
  • biondino
    128 days! That is mental. And wonderful, if you're actually going to be able to take them.

Do you prefer being on land or at sea?