Voodoo D-Jab at Halfords for £1000

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited May 2009 in MTB general
Hello

Today I was passing my local Halfords and noticed the Voodoo D-Jab ti bike, I liked the set up on the bike and the price too, as a tall guy myself and they happen to have 20" display and it fitted me quite well and was impressed how light it was, the only dislikes I have is the real dropout's (are these ok?) and rear rim brakes frame moulds, luckly they can be taken off, it had 140mm setting Fox forks, I was wondering having 100mm setting forks would ruined the bike setting? any of you here ride Voodoo MTB's and what is your views on them please whether it's good or bad?

Many thanks

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... -08--30986

Can anyone tell what issue this test was in and what is the weight of it please (it's the link above)

Comments

• 2tired2ride
    2tired2ride Posts: 285
    I've got my deposit on a 18" Voodoo D-jab! :D I can't wait to get it. I quite like the drop outs though :) For the price it is a great bike Titanium frame Fox 32 Float RL's XT gearing, Stroker brakes. There are a few cheapy bits such as the saddle (which is one part of the bike most people change anyway) and obviously it doesnt come with pedals. The frame sizes are massive i'm 6ft1 and I'm having a 18". But I'm sure you won't be dissappointed if you buy one. :D
    "If we all had hardtails we'd all go down the hill, just slower"
    Nick Larsen

Voodoo D-Jab Ti
    Boardman Road Team 09
    Boardman Urban Team 08
    Falcon 3 Speed
  • Salsa
    Salsa Posts: 753
    I tried one yesterday as I can get it even cheaper (£850 before c2w discount, sorry I work for Halfords lol) & thought it was a bargain even at £1k.
    Spec is great to a point (wheels looked a bit bleh) & it's the better quality Ti, liked the removable mounts & the bolt on dropouts (run geared/single speed easily), I agree it is big for it's size & that's the only thing that puts me off it as I'd go for a smaller than 18" if it was available, well that & the fact I have too many bikes as it is.
    I didn't feel it was particularly light though, at a guess 27lb ish, compared to my 20lb Salsa it felt like a tank tbh! But then again so do most bikes.
    Wasn't too sure about the big fork either, I think if it was designed more for 100-120mm I would have considered it more seriously because that would fit my riding style better, as I liked the idea of selling all the parts (brakes/wheels/gearing) & turning it into a better specced single speed off roader.
  • bone_idle
    bone_idle Posts: 44
    Just bought the 18" today from Halfords quite a long drive but what a bargain £900 with a 10% company discount credit card of course. They built it up while I waited very good service all in. Took it for a spin this afternoon bthose forks are sweet. I will fit a new saddle and some spez loc on grips and tnats me sorted.
    Best bike bargain I have seen just could'nt pass it up.
  • newborn
    newborn Posts: 69
    How the hell are they doing it for that cheep, you cant get many titanium frames for under £1000. If it's all ligit what a deal aye.
    I'll have a slice
  • kduon000
    kduon000 Posts: 1
    i'm keen to get a d-jab but need some help with sizing. My height is 174cm and they've only got an 18inch.

Unfortunately cannot test ride (ordering online), would an 18inch be too big?

Cheers,
    K
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    kduon000 wrote:
    i'm keen to get a d-jab but need some help with sizing. My height is 174cm and they've only got an 18inch.

Cheers,
    K

Hi kduon00

Before buying it, I would advice to try one out, I think they do them two sizes in 18" and 20" try look for your local Halfords concept store and pay a visit, it's better pick it up than ordering one online.

I believe they are on offer until the new 2010 Voodoo bikes comes out later, I dont think these will hang around long with this bargain price of £1000 including with Fox forks and XT spec.
  • 2tired2ride
    2tired2ride Posts: 285
    kduon000 wrote:

Cheers,
    K

It may be too big, you really need to try. I'm 6ft1 and the 18" is perfect.
    "If we all had hardtails we'd all go down the hill, just slower"
    Nick Larsen

Voodoo D-Jab Ti
    Boardman Road Team 09
    Boardman Urban Team 08
    Falcon 3 Speed