not buying advice

popette
popette Posts: 2,089
edited May 2009 in Road buying advice
how to stop buying? is it just the season change or what? I suddenly find I need all these extra bits and pieces that are adding up to hundreds of pounds. I spent another £50 today on gels, a new saddle bag and some toe covers. Tomorrow I'm thinking of buying some knee warmers for the Etape caledonia as it looks like it's going to be chilly and I don't already have them.

Help meeeeeeeeeee!

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Hmmmm, even though I'm off the bike at the moment. In the past three weeks I've bought -

Rapha Jersey
    Assos Shorts
    Vittoria Tyres
    Stella Azzura bar tape, the last two to pimp up my dull winter/training bike.

Oh, and a Litespeed frame.

One thing I've learnt in the last 12 months is that you're only here once and that you can go at any time.

You spend away Karen :D
  • guilliano
    guilliano Posts: 5,495
    Have you got a windproof cap to wear under your helmet for Etape???
  • popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    guilliano wrote:
    Have you got a windproof cap to wear under your helmet for Etape???
    bought a rapha cap last week (sneaked out at 6.30 am with it on so went undiscovered until I returned - comments were made)
  • guilliano
    guilliano Posts: 5,495
    What about new cleats? Last thing you want in insecure feet on a long ride like that

Arm warmers? Base layer? Buff? Tri bag to make getting to your gels/bars easier? One of those camelback base layers may be worth investing in..... keep nice clean lines on your bike with no bottle cages ruining the image.....

I'm not helping am i?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Karen, you could combine two purchases, Rapha are doing their italian jersey with kneewarmers as a package...