Your Local Loop Will Never Fail To Suprise You

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited May 2009 in MTB general
My Local loop is Kirkhill just outside of Aberdeen.

1st of all a big heads up and thanks to the people that help build some of the trails there, nice one guys n gals.

Was up there last night and found more hidden trails that I didn't think existed at all (see access behind thick bushes and viola! c'est un trail magnifique!! (bon bon) )

So it just goes to prove that if you see something and follow it no matter where it goes it's usually a good trail both up and down (although my bike is a beast to climb with and doesn't like it much).

Just thought I'd share, look for the hidden stuff, go away from where you normally go and you get rewards like we did last night, plus there is more to go.

Have a good one folks

G

Comments

• Yeah your right I have the habit of sticking to the same local routes but now and again I get my exploration head on and find new trails, its amazing the buzz you get flying along stuff you've never ridden before !! :D
  • Anonymous
    Yeah your right I have the habit of sticking to the same local routes but now and again I get my exploration head on and find new trails, its amazing the buzz you get flying along stuff you've never ridden before !! :D

totally...ace buzz afterwards....
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    I did this a few times on the weeekend.

on one occasion I rode down a long path barely wide enough for my bike with a steep fall on one side. needless to say it was a dead end right at the top of a cliff!!!
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Anonymous
    needless to say it was a dead end right at the top of a cliff!!!

perfect for balance and seagull avoidance training. :)
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    GmanUK101 wrote:
    needless to say it was a dead end right at the top of a cliff!!!

perfect for balance and seagull avoidance training. :)

lol the end part was fenced off.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I finally found the downhill track I'd seen pics of when I was out for my last local ride, now that spiced things up a little. Though I didn't do the 10 foot drop :lol: Still it's a lovely bit of building, someone's got a good eye for corner lines and natural features. I might go back up and build some chicken runs :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • salsarider79
    salsarider79 Posts: 828
    I alway love to have the time to, ahem, see where this goes. I'm a roadie and an MTBer and the same rules apply: the world is huge, go find somewhere else to play....

Mind you, a quick (2hr+ :wink: ) local route is perfect for after work/before bed thrash. I've about perfected my 'local' route. Working myself up to get wet and try this route...
    jedster wrote:
    Just off to contemplate my own mortality and inevitable descent into decrepedness.
    FCN 3 or 4 on road depending on clothing
    FCN 8 off road because I'm too old to go racing around.
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    I think if you keep doing the same loops over and over with no variation you are mentally ill (and there's nothing wrong with that provided you know it and get treatment).

That's my take on it. :shock:
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    There is a little patch of woodland and a steep hill just around the corner from me with no footpaths through. I never gave the time of day until Monday - I took the bike over and it's the most pristene beautiful bluebell woodland I have ever seen; untouched and secluded :) I had a wander around and it seems there are some other bikers who know of it and jump off some of the big rocks. I went with the intention of making my own little jump spot but.... it's just so pretty i'm not sure I could do it!
    I'm torn between having my own little development and keeping the place beautiful... Maybe i'll just do what the few in the know seem to be doing and pop around on the rocks there.
    Amazing what you find when you go out and look isn't it?
  • Anonymous
    I think if you keep doing the same loops over and over with no variation you are mentally ill (and there's nothing wrong with that provided you know it and get treatment).

That's my take on it. :shock:

I usually talk to myself going down fast sections and laugh also, does that count :)
    Roses are Red
    Violets are Blue
    I'm a schizophrenic
    And so am I
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    No, because I laugh like a loon going 'yeeeehaaaaw' going down fast sections sometimes.
  • Anonymous
    No, because I laugh like a loon going 'yeeeehaaaaw' going down fast sections sometimes.

nutter!;)
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675

Depends, even if you don't change the route often the route changes. Like frinstance, mine is now covered in ****ing nettles, adding new extreme thrills.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • XxxBFGxxX
    XxxBFGxxX Posts: 1,355
    GmanUK101 wrote:

nutter!;)

i do the same sort of thing. just glad no one can here me
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    Northwind wrote:
    I finally found the downhill track I'd seen pics of when I was out for my last local ride, now that spiced things up a little. Though I didn't do the 10 foot drop :lol: Still it's a lovely bit of building, someone's got a good eye for corner lines and natural features. I might go back up and build some chicken runs :lol:

You have to tell me where that is.......i will pm you as well.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.