virtuoso cassette

cm59
cm59 Posts: 51
edited May 2009 in Workshop
Hi anybody know what cassette is on a carrera virtuoso 08?

Comments

• GavH
    GavH Posts: 933
    I have one of the Red ones (06?) which has a 12-26 SRAM cassette of some sort on it.
  • cm59
    cm59 Posts: 51
    cheers mines the blue and black one it says sram on mine think its 12 26 im looking at a 11 28 sram one as im doing a sportif this summer with some pretty steep hills at the end any idea whether this will fit?
  • GavH
    GavH Posts: 933
    The cassette almost certainly will, but whether it works with your rear mech and current chainlength is a different matter. I'm fairly sure the rear mech is a long cage and the front cranks are 50/36 so off the top of my head I'd say it miight be do-able but TBH, the whole "whats compatible with what" conundrum is often way beyond me. Hopefully someone will be along soon to help you out but in the meantime I'd try to find out exactly what kind of rear mech you have.
  • Mister W
    Mister W Posts: 791
    You should be okay with a 28. AFAIK shimano quote a limit of 27 but will cope with a 28 quite happily. In theory you would need a chain that is one link longer but in practice you'll probably find that the current chain is okay, just avoid the big ring/big cog combination.