Thule Clip On (high) help urgently needed!!!!

paulscutt
paulscutt Posts: 332
edited May 2009 in MTB general
I've just bought a Thule clip on high rear bike rack (9106) from Tesco direct (20% off)

Built most of the rack however i cant for the life of me work out how the bottom hooks 'hook' on to the bottom of the hatch as they seem just a tiny bit too long - any way to shorten them? what am i doing wrong?

I need the rack for a trip to Glyncorwg TOMORROW and don't know what i'm doing wrong. Its going on a Peugeot 307 hatch (57 plate) if thats any help.

Thanks
**2009 Trek Remedy 8**

Specialized P.3 (custom) w/ Deore hydro discs, XT group, Blackspire device, Mavic D321's

Comments

• 3110neil
    3110neil Posts: 303
    Hi
    Idont have i thule ,but have you tried there web site or you tube ,web site should have instructions
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    i have an older thule rack, so not sure if it works the same, - you shorten/lengthen the bottom hooks by screwing them in or out. My bottom hooks are on a solid tube, not a strap, which sits in another wider tube - and its a screw mechanism which moves the hook tube in or out of the other tube.

Make sense???
  • paulscutt
    thanks sp far guys, the instructions with the rack are aweful! lol

I'll check out youtube - good idea!
    I have tried to screw the feet and they do move but doesnt seem to make them any shorter?

any more advice greatly appreciated
    **2009 Trek Remedy 8**

Specialized P.3 (custom) w/ Deore hydro discs, XT group, Blackspire device, Mavic D321's
  • PBo
    do you have the top arms fastened on at too long a setting? If you can adjust them shorter.....?
  • paulscutt
    PBo wrote:
    do you have the top arms fastened on at too long a setting? If you can adjust them shorter.....?
    they are in 'number 4 hole' which is the shortest setting :(
    **2009 Trek Remedy 8**

• PBo
    have another go at screwing the feet - i seem to remember it took lots of turns to make a noticable difference - try twisting both ways, and persevere.....
  • paulscutt
    will try this evening once little one has one down to bed... you think turning opposite way may do it then? as in left?
    **2009 Trek Remedy 8**

• PBo
    i honestly can't remember which way - all i remember is that I turned for a while, and it only changed length slowly -but it did! - you may need to be patient and turn for a while both ways until you can see what has an effect. good luck!
  • paulscutt
    dont have much patienence with things like that! lol will ive it a go...
    **2009 Trek Remedy 8**

• paulscutt
    been looking online and seems i need a 9112 fitting adapter kit - anyone know how i et the old ones off and fit the new ones?
    **2009 Trek Remedy 8**