Whats wrong with people?

noodleman
noodleman Posts: 852
edited May 2009 in MTB general
Riding home from work this afternoon, i decide to be safe and ride on the cycle path rather than the main road. BIG mistake. In the distance are four kids walking towards me, so i move over to the left and continue on towards them. As i get closer i notice they aren't really moving out of the way much so i presume they will give me a bit of room as i get closer.
I'm now looking one of them straight in the eye so i know he has seen me. Just as i get to them, the twat i made eye contact with steps directly into my path causing me to hit his arm which in turn slams my brake on. Over the bars i go straight into a wall, multiple cuts to my left arm and smashed my knee cap into the wall. On top of this my brand new (arrived at work today) ground effect top is destroyed and also my saddle and rear mech.
When i get to my feet and ask the kid What the f**k he thinks he is doing and if he saw me he says in a french accent "yes i saw you" so i ask him why he didnt move and he shrugs his shoulders and with a grin says "you ride fast" WTF. Probably cost me about £250.00 and not even a sorry. I'll tell you, it took all my self restraint plus the fact i was so shocked by the dickhead that i didn't punch him in his grinning gob. Thank god its friday and i can have a few beers to ease the pain :evil: :evil: :evil:
argon 18 e116 2013 Vision Metron 80
Bianchi Oltre XR Sram Red E-tap, Fulcrum racing speed xlr
De Rosa SK pininfarina disc
S Works Tarmac e-tap 2017
Rose pro sl disc

Comments

• jedi_master
    jedi_master Posts: 888
    You always get one muppet.
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    Some people/kids are just w****** - that's the sad truth!

I admire your restraint! But the little scumbags have the law on their side so you can't even give them a clip around the ear..... :evil:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    does seem a shame you arent allowed to take your 250 quid back in violence
  • noodleman
    Dont get me started! I almost turned back to demand he emptied out his pockets to pay for the damage. Probably only some weed and a knife in them though.
    Rose pro sl disc
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I'd have clocked him.
  • snotty badger
    snotty badger Posts: 1,593
    I'd have sparked him, and I'm not a violent person :x
    08 Pitch Pro
    14 Kona Unit
    Kona Kula SS
    Trailstar SS
    94 Univega Alpina 5.3
  • supersonic
    Lol, neither am I, but that would have got my goat!
  • realnumber 1
    realnumber 1 Posts: 675
    I'd have sparked him, and I'm not a violent person :x

+1
    I wouldn't have expected anything less if I did that to someone as a kid. They think they can get away with anything these days :roll: .
  • bloody hug a hoody pc brigades fault man there the ones that need a clip as well !!
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    I'd have ran the four letter word for adult kitten over
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • jrich
    jrich Posts: 278
    Mate, with all due respect, why the fuck didn't you give him what he deserved?

I'd have flipped big time if I were in the same situation.
  • phz
    phz Posts: 478
    the other option is to call his bluff and hit him head-on

yeah - youll still crash but at least youll have a soft landing on his chest

slainte :twisted: rob
  • mongoosed
    mongoosed Posts: 315
    you get these numbnuts everywhere i would have lamped him.
  • soy_sauce
    soy_sauce Posts: 987
    i would just walk away mainly because you don't know if they have a knife or not. kids (chavs) are just nutters these day specially the law normally stay in their side.
    see if they stabbed you, they will prop only get a slap on the hand or 6 months in jail
    "It is not impossible, its just improbable"

Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc 08
  • tptvmbircn
    tptvmbircn Posts: 782
    i get it around here often however never caused a bad crash, its been close and ive had a couple of them sparked out haha.

I would of went ballistic and cracked the little shit if that happened to me!
  • blablablacksheep
    blablablacksheep Posts: 1,377
    i was going on way to a trail and some school kids about 6 or so, were in my way i look at them, they see me, do nothin, so i slow down and shout watch out. and i hit one of them and he falls over..

what happened next made me laugh.

his mates start laughing their heads off cos he was so stupid enough to just stand there.

i think most kids dont care much, though i am 6 foot tall and rather buff :P who would want to try it with me :twisted:
    London2Brighton Challange 100k!
    http://www.justgiving.com/broxbourne-runners
  • noodleman
    mongoosed wrote:
    you get these numbnuts everywhere i would have lamped him.
    Bloody wish i had now, although as someone said you never know if the nutters are carrying knifes these days. Even so, i would be feeling a lot better now if i new he was sat there with some pain. When i was a kid you used to be a bit fearful of adults in case they gave you a bollocking let alone a clip round the ear. Makes you wonder what state we'll be in come the next ten years or so, moan moan whinge whinge (showing my age now)
    Rose pro sl disc
  • mongoosed
    mongoosed Posts: 315
    In hindsight you probably did the right thing by not doing anything to him,but i do understand how annoying these clowns can be.
  • stev68
    stev68 Posts: 109
    Thats why i dont do urban stick to trail only,used to ride to work but it only wound me up,spazzers everywhere!
    Told ya itll hurt!
  • captainfly
    captainfly Posts: 1,001
    Call the cops (PI RTC Personal Injury Road Traffic Collision ) tell them he jumped out on you on a cycle path, have him done for assault and criminal damage then sue him or got to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority that's what the scumbag would do if you hurt them by hitting them :wink:
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll:
  • blablablacksheep
    blablablacksheep Posts: 1,377
    say he said a racist language to you a insulted your religion that will surely get him done by the police :)

mention racist or anti religion and the police will come within 5 mins or less... :P
    London2Brighton Challange 100k!
    http://www.justgiving.com/broxbourne-runners
  • supersonic
    Actually I would have removed the seatpost and shoved it up his aris.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    captainfly wrote:
    Call the cops (PI RTC Personal Injury Road Traffic Collision ) tell them he jumped out on you on a cycle path, have him done for assault and criminal damage then sue him or got to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority that's what the scumbag would do if you hurt them by hitting them :wink:

Seconded, sounds like he was planning on a ruckus (4 on 1) or you doing nothing - it was a personal injury road traffic accident, so reverse psychology and nail him with the law back.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.