Another newb mtb advice please, budget of up to 400.

2»

Comments

• Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Those Suns do basically the exact same job as the 317s, wouldn't give it a second thought myself.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • fred1star
    fred1star Posts: 428
    Sounds like I'm a bit late but if there are others out there looking for a great £400 bike you cant beat this...

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... x-09-34500
    09 - Santa Cruz Heckler
    03 - Trek 8500
    95 - P7 (Dead, but I loved it)
    Year dot - Alpine Stars CR300 - Still going strong...
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I'd rather fellate a smurf than spend £400 on a bike with a Dart 1 fork :shock: Maybe it's just the shape of things to come but that's horrible.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Timmaa
    Timmaa Posts: 10
    supersonic wrote:
    Both great value. The Fury has a longer fork, the hopper a more conservative ride, but if you like the fit and feel, both are just about the best in their class spec and value wise.
    Hi supersonic,
    After a long time away from biking (I've got a 1989/1990 RockHopper with a dodgy crank in my Mum's shed at home!!), I came across an opportunity to buy a brand new Rockhopper 2008 with v brakes for £350 and couldn't resist. I'm hoping I haven't made the wrong choice!
    What do you mean by 'conservative ride'? Other than the forks, is there any other big differences in spec? I'm going to be doing a fair proportion of road riding so maybe a tighter ride is more important than travel in the forks.