Mazzocchi Z150FR advice please

mark62
mark62 Posts: 123
edited May 2009 in MTB workshop & tech
Just put a pair of Z150FR on my coiler. When I sit stationary on it, the forks sag about 2.5cm. Are they supposed to do this? Also, they feel pretty soft, I havnt got the adaptor for the air, but if I can get one, will I be able to use my standard shock pump to stiffen things up? My old forks where Manitou stance 150mm and they didnt seem to sag when just sitting on the bike.
cheers

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    sounds about right on the sag.

what year forks? and they are the ETA version?

Air is just preload.

and yes they are very plush.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • mark62
    There the 04 model with ETA. http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3350234/ ignor the 66 stickers, its all I could get.

I think I was so used to stiffer Stances, plush felt weird or faulty:) But they do feel way to soft for me so I need to play around with them.

cheers
    cheers
  • nicklouse
    as there are no caps on the top either the black or the silver adaptors will work.

Max PSI is 15psi as it is just preload and a15 they are solid any way.

No original lowers as well the 66 decals.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • mark62
    Thanks for the info, got to get the caps and I've sprayed the lowers (they were originaly silver & black).

Many thanks
    Mark
    cheers
  • nicklouse
    and you have changed the clamp system, looks like the OE version on the spesh ordered forks.