Trek Incite 8i

Peddle Up!
Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
edited June 2011 in Workshop
I've just replaced the batteries in my head unit and sensor for my Incite 8i computer on my hybrid. Both batteries are the right way round and I've stepped through the head unit setup procedure.

But when I spin the front wheel, I'm not getting any speed reported even though there is a display on the head un it. There doesn't seem to be a way to manually pair the units as there is on the Incite Team on my road bike.

Can anyone advise on what might be wrong and how to fix it? Thanks.
Purveyor of "up" :)

Comments

• ACMadone
    ACMadone Posts: 300
    Has the sensor on your forks been moved too far away from the magnet? Also have you checked the battery in your sensor?
  • Peddle Up!
    I've replaced the batteries in both units and made sure that the magnet sits as close as possible to the transmitter. Puzzling?
  • Lucyliu
    Lucyliu Posts: 16
    Hi
    Did you ever figure out that problem? I am having the same thing. It was working fine in Portugal...got home and it didnt work...i replaced the atteries like you did...in the head set...and still...exactly your problem. Does the battery in the sensor thing need replacing...i read the instructions on the trek site and it doesnt mention this battery in the wheel unit...does that mean it is life long battery ?

Thanks for any tips...

Lucy
    lucy Woodward
  • MadJock
    MadJock Posts: 1
    I've got exactly the same problem as well.
  • Lucyliu
    Lucyliu Posts: 16
    I am at my wits end with this thing. I have borrowed a friends and he also has the speedo. I took it off the bike to change the battery and it worked fine. I then took it off to compare it with the speedo that I had in my spare bike stuff ( I use one on my other bike and it works fine - i like it)....took the battery out and now it is reading bizarre data....JUST BECAUSE I TOOK THE BATTERY OUT !

My dada thinks it must be the contacts that are sensitive or delicate - but now it isnt working - any one any advice ????
    lucy Woodward
  • Peddle Up!
    Wow, this is a long lived thread. :D I finally got the thing to behave by taking the batteries out of the sender and headset unit, leaving everything overnight so and residual charge would be lost and then replaced the batteries and set things up as normal. Hope this helps.