What's it worth threads?

twonks
twonks Posts: 352
edited April 2009 in MTB general
Hia. Before I post one, I'd like to know if there is a correct section of the forum to post in.

Ultimately I will be selling some wheels but could do with a few opinions on how much they go for.

Thanks,

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    they are strictly banned on here for whatever reason and will be locked pretty quick

ultimately, anything is only worth what someone will pay for it so the only way to see what you want to sell is worth is to look at completed listings on places like ebay, or do a search and see what other folk are trying to sell for.
  • Anonymous
    you could also just post them on the classified section and state that you dont know what they are worth and invite offers, but beware, people are pikey and will try and offer you next to nothing but it could give you an indicator as to what folk will pay.
  • twonks
    twonks Posts: 352
    Ok, thanks for the speedy replies.

I half understand the reluctance to allow the threads as they might as well just be for sale ads, so will take a wild stab and put an ad in anyway.

It isn't as though I'm totally clueless and it costs nothing to put the ad up.

Cheers again :)
  • zero303
    zero303 Posts: 1,162
    You know we could just create a valuations forum and then just ignore it - kinda like the Buying Advice forum?

How many 'What £500 Hardtail' or 'C2W scheme, £1000 to spend' threads are needed before there's enough info for people to make an informed choice without posting another thread!

Sorry to the original poster - I'm a bit grouchy this morning I think...
  • Anonymous
    zero303 wrote:
    You know we could just create a valuations forum and then just ignore it - kinda like the Buying Advice forum?

How many 'What £500 Hardtail' or 'C2W scheme, £1000 to spend' threads are needed before there's enough info for people to make an informed choice without posting another thread!

Sorry to the original poster - I'm a bit grouchy this morning I think...

i agree, would be a good way for folk to know how much they should spend as well as ask for.
  • papasmurf.
    papasmurf. Posts: 2,382
    zero303 wrote:

and then ignore all the advice anyway.