Adjusting cleats

wrighty43
wrighty43 Posts: 44
edited April 2009 in MTB workshop & tech
So to up my game i have gone clipless ( a few months ago)... but for the life of my i cant find a comfy position to have the cleats in on my shoes. I have shimano spd pedals (m520) and shimano M076 shoes....

I have tried putting the cleats in different positions by moving them forward whilst keeping them dead central pointing stright forward, but they never seem comfy.

does anyone have any tips/ advice ?? If i cant get them comfortable soon i am just going to give up and go back to my flats..

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • AndyBike
    AndyBike Posts: 126
    You did'nt say what was uncomfortable about them. What about the shoe sizing,make, fit etc can you try others either shop or friends? What about a pedals with a cage or semi flats. Could try Crank Bro's thou I prefer Simano which are hard to beat. What is it about the cleat posn that bothers you. I think generalizing alot, its to the front with cleat for power back for comfort. It could just take time to get used to SPDs, how long you been on flats and SPDs?