Garmin 305 to 705 Issues

ShaggyRS6
ShaggyRS6 Posts: 247
edited April 2009 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi,

I have been using an Edge 305 for the past month, I have upgraded to a 705 but I have a slight issue.

Neither Sports Tracks or Motion based nor Webupdate will find the 705, Training Centre Communicates with it and see's it as a 705, my PC only see's it as a storage device.

I have installed everything, and then reinstalled. I have installed the communications plugin.

One thing I have noticed that the 705 does not do and my 305 did (and this may be a red herring) is although there is power going to it when its plugged into my PC (it has the little Computer symbol showing) I cant turn it on whilst its plugged into the comp. I used to be able to do this with the 305.

Any suggestions?
11 Scott CR1 Comp

Comments

• Read this thread in the SportTracks forum. Should sort you out.

http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTr ... php?t=5544

A red herring possibly as I cannot turn my 305 on when in the cradle and plugged in.
  • ShaggyRS6
    How does that help with motionbased etc? the Agent wont find my Garmin.
    11 Scott CR1 Comp
  • ShaggyRS6
    I got some of this sorted. Sorry for be a bit ratty with you. I was loosing my temper.

it seems that the 705 is not compatible with the Motion Based agent, i can upload though via the Motionbased Website - Phew

Sportracks is a whole new ball game though. Apparently the error message I am getting about a missing object is because its not compatible with Vista64 :) nice!!!! I suppose I cant complain too much as ST is free
    11 Scott CR1 Comp