... with apologies to Nina Simone

HonestAl
HonestAl Posts: 406
edited April 2009 in The bottom bracket
(to be read accompained to the sound of "Feeling Good" )

A year ago this week, at the tender age of fifty something or other, I bought a new bike. It was the first time I'd ridden really since my kids were little. I never thought I'd get into it really, but I really needed some new inspiration to help me keep losing some weight.

This morning I went out for a pedal round. It rained, the wind blew. I almost got run off the road by a tractor which had rear wheels bigger than me. I rode for just over 60 miles Sitting down now to recover, my stomach is full of banana milk shake and I'm knacked, .

Great, this cycling stuff, isn't it :D
"The only absolute statement is that everything is relative" - anon

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    fabulous, best feeling ever...good work fella
  • chuckcork
    chuckcork Posts: 1,471
    and then when you're fit, having just done a reasonably paced 60 miles on a nicy sunny day out in the country with nothing going wrong and spent on the company of your clubmates, the bad days will all be forgotten.... :D
    'Twas Mulga Bill, from Eaglehawk, that caught the cycling craze....
  • bobtbuilder
    bobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    I'd been feeling rough for a couple of days and didn't want to ride yesterday, but my gf made me go out "just for a bit", and I ended up having a great ride. Although I rode about 15 miles less than usual, I felt strong and really enjoyed it!