Am I the Unluckiest online buyer?!

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited April 2009 in The Crudcatcher
:lol: i've started to not take it seriously when something goes wrong with my orders now!

1st set of Raceface FR pads - too small, probably my fault but I didn't realise they did an XL elsewhere.

2nd set of Raceface FR Pads - perfect size, however the left leg had a security tag on. Phoned the local Evans cycles who ensured me they had the tool to get it off.
Rode the 7miles to Evans, who coudn't get "this type of tag" off.
They refunded me the cash - or so I thought. I checked my bank when I got home and had been charged £39.99, when the invoice and refund were for £32.99!!
Just phoned them up and got the rest of my cash back.

So... do I go for the 3rd set of Raceface FR pads, and hope that the numptys take the bloody security tag off? the woman on the phone said she's never herd of this happening before so could be a one off??

But, i've got to ask..... why me!!! i've had countless orders that have been screwed up by the online shops - what started off as a 2 day wait turned into weeks, 4 months in the case of getting my bloody frame!

[/rant].

Comments

• I got some shorts that still had the tag on.
    All you need is a screwdriver, pliers, and some patience.
    Mine was the conical shaped plastic one, it was just a case of worrying at the wire that linked the two halves until it eventually fatigued and broke.
    Northwind wrote: It's like I covered it in superglue and rode it through ebay.