Bike shop

fourcrossjohn
fourcrossjohn Posts: 2,500
edited April 2009 in MTB general
I poped into one of my local bike shops today to see how much a decent full suser, they only had top of the range models such as the gary fisher roscoe and the ggiant glory but they had a trek in there called the evolution ex, ive never heard of it and its not on the trek website !!!

and matey in bikeshop started bragging about how he fitted fox floats onto his hardtail giant stp and does 18ft drops

1. we dont have any doable drops over 10ft on the island

2. surley his stem would snap

3. he was ginger

rant over

but i'm actualy consider the garyfisher roscoe it was so smooth for riding

Comments

• Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    So you started out wanting a cheap full susser and now your looking at a GF Roscoe - at least be realistic - what is it you want?

The Giant jump boy could be measuring his drops differently to you - distance instead of height.
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • fourcrossjohn
    the gf roscoe is so smooth tho, i think its work the extra 2 month wait for the roscoe
  • fourcrossjohn
    decided i'm gonna get a carrera banshee

gonna sell my stp2 to 1 of my biking mates to help buy it, stp2 cost me £285 and he is buying it for £250, i havnt had it long though and ive ket it in top condition

made a few upgrades to so hes probably getting his moneys worth
  • no dont get the banshee get the roscoe, you cant beat 'fisher also the roscoe would come from a bikeshop who would assemble it properly most halfords cant assemble a bike properly also they're not famous for their top customer service are they?
    Ribble Gran Fondo
    Focus Black Hills
    Raleigh Chopper
  • fourcrossjohn
    i'm gonna get it off a website, pfft like i'm gonna let them touch my bike. i'll get my best local bike shop to assemble it, then again all i have to do though is attach the front wheel, attatch handlebar and put in the seat post and its done, o n put some pedals on.

i think i can manage that :P
  • my bad i was under the impression that you have to set up gears and brakes, stuff like tht.
    Ribble Gran Fondo
    Focus Black Hills
    Raleigh Chopper
  • fourcrossjohn
    its ok :D

i'm considering buying it on halfords because they do the 18'' way cheaper

but i'm also considering geting the banshee x as its better i.e- colour
    forkstyres
    rims
    brakes

the downside is that the rear shock apparently fails alot and the price is about double