Another what bike thread

Rouge Penguin
Rouge Penguin Posts: 347
edited April 2009 in Road buying advice
Finally got some spare cash, not a great deal of it in the current climate, but its time to get a replacement for the beaten old girl thats served me well for many a mile.

So, I've got about £300-£400 and haven't got the time to scour ebay for a decent 2nd hand ride. I'd prefer new, and not really that fussed if its not the lightest or best gear hung from it.

Its used for summer commuting, occasional tour (Palace to Palace, London to Oxford) and general get out of the house for a few hours.

Having spent the last few weeks looking around tinternet, i've got a few options narrowed down. Not the best, and no i can't go a little higher due to a new member of the family arriving, so i'm lucky i've got this far.

Options are:

Raleigh Airlite 300, £350 for an 08 model.
Dawes 300, same cost as above.
Saracen Tour 2, top end of the budget.

Whats peoples thoughts on the Raleigh as it seems to have the best gear for the budget.

Thanks, and sorry for asking another what bike for a less well off person. ;)

Comments

• rally200
    rally200 Posts: 646
    know nothing about those 3 - but should also think about Giant SCR 3 or 4 which you might find within budget
  • Couldnt find one, they've moved onto the Defy range on nearly ever site i've checked. They were the first ones i tried to find.

Thanks thought mate.