New bike time.

mwilliams09
mwilliams09 Posts: 13
edited April 2009 in MTB buying advice
Hey im looking to spend around 3,000 for a new bike that has dual suspension and can climb well and tear it up on the down hill. I was looking at the stump jumpers and enduros what do you think. Any other suggestions or should i stick with specialized.

Comments

• LoUiS1985
    LoUiS1985 Posts: 841
    specialized make some great bikes. i have an enduro and my riding buddy a stumpy, both excellent bikes. specialized have excellent customer service and either 5 year or limetime warranties on most frames. you can still get an '08 enduro expert or stumpy for £ 1500 and thats a lot of bike for your money.

for £3000 you can choose from a vast array of bikes. have you looked at some of the following -trek fuel ex8,commencal meta 5,lapierre zesty,orange 5- all gain excellent reviews and good all rounders
  • ratty2k
    ratty2k Posts: 3,872
    Stick with Special Ed bikes if you want, but theres plenty of stuff out there thats better IMO for that kind of money.
    My Pics !

Whadda ya mean I dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday....
  • zero303
    zero303 Posts: 1,162
    Orange 5?

IGMC :wink:
  • ExeterSimon
    ExeterSimon Posts: 830
    Whyte E120 XT.

Or find another 2k and go for the E120 Superbike. If they have any of the 25 left.
    Whyte 905 (2009)
    Trek 1.5 (2009)
    Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp (2007)
  • dunker
    dunker Posts: 1,503
    Giant Trance X1
    KTM Lycan 2.0
    Orange 5 SE

both those look nice and a bit under budget but think
    the orange is a little over.
  • I'll throw in a totally unbiased Trek Remedy 9 (more AM) or Trek Fuel 9 (more XC). If you go for the Fuel, you can spend the change on chips and peas, lots of chips and peas.
    There is a time to surf and a time to wax your board.....

'09 Trek Remedy 8
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    genius or a lapierre

in fact, for 3k, you could get an ibis mojo...