New and thought i'd say hi

crimsondragoon
crimsondragoon Posts: 2
edited March 2009 in MTB beginners
Hey there to all you guys and gals out there, I have been looking at this website for about 2 years reading all I can. I started biking about 18 months ago to save money on transport to work. I picked up a second hand Marin Muirwood for £40 and started cycling. As well as saving money I found the great side effect that it was getting me fit, and shifted about 60 pounds in weight in about 4 months, which as you can imagine I am very happy about. Now although I have been cycling for 18 months and I love it to bits I still have no understanding of the technical side of my bike, all I do is ride it, and to be fair quite afraid of breaking it if I fiddle.

Last week I finally spent some money and purchased a bike based on the information on this site, I purchased the Diamond Back Ex Coil, I got it for the bargain price of £250 down from £420, so I was rather happy. Now as I mentioned earlier I have little to no understanding of bike maintenance and any tips would be great. To give you an idea I ride an average of 10 - 20 miles everyday without fail but not sure what I should be cleaning my bike with or maintaining it with. I know this might be a lot to ask but it would be greatly appreciated.

If anyone wants to contact me directly please email me on iain_muzzbuzz_1980@hotmail.co.uk. O' and hi again to everyone.

Comments

• Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    Welcome to the forum,

To start with just soapy water and a sponge/ brush will suffice. You will need some oil - it may be expensive but bike specific is best. Just keep riding and cleaning and oiling :D
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1