Any vegetarians?

counterculture
counterculture Posts: 507
edited April 2009 in The Crudcatcher
cant remember ever seeing anyone mentioning if they were or not?

im a veggie, not been one for too long though.

im so bored on nightshift, but still its overtime and everyone who works is paying me for it, viva la NHS!!
i spent all me money on whisky and beer!!!

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    im a bit of a part time veggie as the wife is a vegetarian and as i do the cooking and can rarely be bothered to cook 2 different meals, i eat probably 70 percent veggie.

i definately havent got the discipline to be vegetarian, you hve to be so careful to make sure there are no animl derivatives in your food. i actully enjoy veggie food but doubt i could give up meat.

im lucky as the wife isnt a militant vegetarian even though she is very disciplined and has been veggie for about 15yrs.
  • sheepsteeth: Pretty much the same here. Been a "passive vegetarian" for about 6 years now - my old flatmate was a veggie, and it was just easier to cook 1 meal than 2.
    My wife is a veggie too. (well, technically a Pescatarian, as she eats fish) She's been a veggie for 13 years or so, but has never tried forcing it on me.

She does most of the cooking, and it doesn't bother me that much not having meat in a meal. She has recently started making meat meals for me, i.e. if she does a chili or spag bol, she'll make 2 pans of it, one with mince and one with quorn. She only ever does it when I'm around to taste test it!

I'd never get on as a full time veggie, too lazy with checking ingredients, and I like my steak too much! Plus (I guess it's the same for you Sheepsteeth) being in the armed forces, it could be too difficult when away to be certain of a good diet when veggie.
    Boardman Road Comp '08
    Spesh FSR XC Expert '08
  • Furbes
    Furbes Posts: 289
    There is no way i could ever live without my Meat :!: An ex of mine was a vegan & i tried it for her sake ... Never again , i couldn't even drink Milk when she was around :evil:
  • Anonymous
    littleandy: the forces is definately not the place to be a veggie and i agree, i would definately miss steak too much!!

im lucky the wife will cook meat for me even though she would never entertin the idea of eating it but her argumnt is that seeing as she has to feed meat to the dog, she cant justify not feeding it to me!!

it is for this reason that dont like her to cook meat for me as its not fair for her to do it, it is nice to know she will though. as it happens, shes a very good meat chef, especially as she cant try what she is cooking!!

furbes: vegan is far too disciplined and difficult for my tastes. the wife eats dairy and eggs but not fish or meat. one thing i did notice you could eat as a vegan is frys mint cream chocolate bars though so not all bad!!
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    I'd hold my hand up but I'm too weak...
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • dave_hill wrote:
    I'd hold my hand up but I'm too weak...
    :lol::lol::lol:

I couldn't even think about not eating meat!!

Bacon sarni FFS, how do you people live!
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    I'm not a Veggie BTW. I'm not over-keen on fainting and aenaemia...

And in any case, if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they so tasty?
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • Anonymous
    if we werent meant to eat animals, they wouldnt be made of meat!!
  • if we werent meant to eat animals, they wouldnt be made of meat!!

:lol::lol:
    Start Weight 18st 13lbs March 2009
    17st 10lbs August 2009
    17st 4lbs October 2009
    15st 12lbs December 2010

Final planned weight 12st 7lbs
  • MrNero50
    MrNero50 Posts: 13
    No meat No meal.

Thems the rules!!!
  • DHO Dude
    DHO Dude Posts: 292
    Im a veggie, have been all my life. It doesnt really cause me any problems, I still manage to be a healthy 13 odd stone (ok, so maybe a tad over healthy), I'm not anemic and I've never fainted. The only trouble I have is people assuming I'm gonna start preaching about how meat is murder, or they think I'm gonna throw up if they have a sausage sarnie in my presence. I just don't fancy eating meat, that's the long and short of it, it doesn't appeal and its not causing me any issues.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Any vegetarians?
    Tried it for a few days but couldn't stick it. I used to work with a guy who was a fruitarian lol.
  • i dont have any issues with anyone eating meat around me, and like i say ive not been veggie for long but since i changed i noticed that i didnt actually eat that much meat in the first place, i make alot of my food from scratch so i dont have to go all anal on checking ingredients, as i know whats going in it anyway.

and as for anemia(sp?) and general weakness, you can get all the same nutrients you get in meat from various other sources, without having to go down the supplement route, thats way too much discipline.
    i spent all me money on whisky and beer!!!
  • Anonymous
    It makes me laugh every time I meet a vegetarian who eats chicken.

Especially after finding out that the slaughtering process for poultry means that 1 in 10 birds doesn't get the "bath" before the "shock' and consequently dies in a very slow and cruel way.

If you've seen The Green Mile you'll understand what i mean.

1 in 10 birds means over 1 million birds die like this every year in the UK.

I have no problem with veggies but I fookin hate the ones that eat chicken.

Also hate the ones who preach about it: look closely at the shape and formation of your teeth! Designed to do a job!!

I always pmsl when I see one drinking guiness too.... it contains animal fat (or something animal but can't remember exactly what)!!