Dear P**cture Fairy

Retch
Retch Posts: 78
edited March 2009 in Commuting chat
Go find someone else to play with, there's a good girl.

3 visits in a week makes the baby Jesus cry.

Right. Weapons-grade reinforced tyres here I come.
FCN 5ish. Unless hungover.

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Don't do it all your doing is slowing yourself down, the PF is a fact of life, in fact buck the trend and go even thinner and lighter.

3 visits pah! just count yourself lucky you've never been out with Linsen she cause at least that many just in the car park.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    Ahhhh so when nuclear war strikes the only things left standing will be the cockroaches and Retchs' new tires :roll:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    itboffin wrote:
    Don't do it all your doing is slowing yourself down, the PF is a fact of life, in fact buck the trend and go even thinner and lighter.

3 visits pah! just count yourself lucky you've never been out with Linsen she cause at least that many just in the car park.

erm, ahem. exactly HOW MANY p*nctures did YOU get riding WITH ME last week?

eh? eh?

:twisted:
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    Yeah, go with the lighter tyres and put up with the lovely PF (don't you love her).

The occasional punktire gives you a change to take a break, have a look round somewhere you've not looked around before.

Also, whilst your repairing it suck up all the sympathy from passing pu***ure free cyclists, bring it in like a magnet attracting iron filings.

I got a p***ture right near traf square the other week, great place to repair one, a place to lean the bike against, rest the wheel on, I could even use the fountain pools to look for the air bubbles coming out of the tube.
  • seataltea
    seataltea Posts: 594
    I've used this stuff for the last few months on the MTB.

http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/invt/0198935

It works.

There are large thorns inbedded in my front and rear tyres, if I leave them in there is no air loss, If I pull them out with pliers then the hole bubbles with orange coloured liquid for a minute or so, a few psi is lost and I pump the tyre up.

Then I carry on riding.

I wouldn't be without it, the only drawback is the weight increase.
    'nulla tenaci invia est via'
    FCN4
    Boardman HT Pro fully X0'd
    CUBE Peleton 2012
    Genesis Aether 20 all season commuter
  • NGale wrote:
    Ahhhh so when nuclear war strikes the only things left standing will be the cockroaches and Retchs' new tires :roll:

The Dam P Fairy
    The doctor said I needed to start drinking more whiskey. Also, I’m calling myself ‘the doctor’ now
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    I went cycling with Linsen the other day and afterwards not only had I not had a single puncture but I also had a sparkling new rear tyre!